Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Arsenal finances really are quite dire unless Kroneke puts his hands deep into his pockets. 

He's just after spending $5 billion on a new stadium for his LA Rams Franchise. I doubt he's going to be too keen to spend big to get Arsenal from 9th to 7th 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Arsenal finances really are quite dire unless Kroneke puts his hands deep into his pockets. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theathletic.com/news/arsenal-financial-results-coronavirus/xK7Gi61zXdcf%3famp=1

Thank you Fulham ! 

15 years now since The Emirates opened.  How long they going to keep paying for that? It cost £390m.   How much can they still owe on it 15 years later, really shouldn't be crippling them any more.  Bonkers. 

That's why I'd be far more happy with just rebuilding the North Stand than moving to a whole new stadium (before even considering history and tradition which is even more important). 

Still if it helps us to plunder them, all the better. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theathletic.com/news/arsenal-financial-results-coronavirus/xK7Gi61zXdcf%3famp=1

Thank you Fulham ! 

What I take from that, which they're obviously not going to say - 

They spent £182.2m on Pepe, Tierney, martinelli, salina, David Luiz and Pablo mari and then £10.4m on sacking emery

They lost money because they wasted a load of money on shit players 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

15 years now since The Emirates opened.  How long they going to keep paying for that? It cost £390m.   How much can they still owe on it 15 years later, really shouldn't be crippling them any more.  Bonkers. 

That's why I'd be far more happy with just rebuilding the North Stand than moving to a whole new stadium (before even considering history and tradition which is even more important). 

Probably took loans to pay it off, with probably great amounts of interest to pay off. 

50 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He's just after spending $5 billion on a new stadium for his LA Rams Franchise. I doubt he's going to be too keen to spend big to get Arsenal from 9th to 7th 

In US NFL franchises you are guaranteed to make money ~100mill a year.

The PL you are almost guaranteed to lose money. It's something the Americans can't get their heads around. 

Edited by pas5898

39 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

In US NFL franchises you are guaranteed to make money ~100mill a year.

The PL you are almost guaranteed to lose money. It's something the Americans can't get their heads around. 

Except if you are the Glazers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

We should never build anything new, cause Villa Park is magic.

But fwiw, I'd much prefer a very very nice up to date shed, than playing in a derelict cabbage tent cause fecked finances.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

The Emirates is the nicest ground in the country imo, but **** me sideways it surely isn’t worth burying the club over.

Smith-Rowe isn’t the same talent level as Saka and rightly so I imagine they don’t want to offer him higher wages. So if £33k a week is the highest they’ll go to, the lad will walk. 

It’s just a feeling, but given the situation I can easily picture him in claret & blue come August. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's a half-remembered childhood birthday party, a creak on the stair, a spluttering match held to a frosted pane, the warm wet, trusting touch of a leaking nappy, the hulk of a charred Panzer, the underside of a granite boulder, the first downy growth on the upper lip of a Mediterranean girl, cobwebs long since overrun by an old Wellington boot.

Perfectly ordinary words, but never before put in that precise order.

They are paying Aubameyang & Partey £250k/w and Willian & Lacazette close to £200k/w. A few extra k/w to their youth talents isn't the issue. But along with the stadium it all adds up to quite a lot of money.

18 minutes ago, sne said:

They are paying Aubameyang & Partey £250k/w and Willian & Lacazette close to £200k/w. A few extra k/w to their youth talents isn't the issue. But along with the stadium it all adds up to quite a lot of money.

Well it clearly is an issue? Unless he’s thinking about the career move rather than the cash. Either way I’d bank on us being a very attractive offer to him.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

20 minutes ago, sne said:

350k/w, no? Point still stands.

EDIT: Just checked. You were right. 250 k/w

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well it clearly is an issue? Unless he’s thinking about the career move rather than the cash. Either way I’d bank on us being a very attractive offer to him.

What I mean was that Arsenals financial issues are not down to them giving a few extra quid or not to their youth players.

• Like 1

Has this now officially died on the word of Ashley Preece? Percy’s 2nd bid story in the bin because the Brum Mail say so, or has there been an actual development? 

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We should never build anything new, cause Villa Park is magic.

But fwiw, I'd much prefer a very very nice up to date shed, than playing in a derelict cabbage tent cause fecked finances.

Our ground is in a crap area I would love it if we moved to the city centre one day.

Before any of that though we need to establish ourselves as one of the top teams again.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Our ground is in a crap area I would love it if we moved to the city centre one day.

Before any of that though we need to establish ourselves as one of the top teams again.

Not for me, redevlope VP is the only way to go I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Stadiums are paid for by the cities/governments in the USA, not the teams.  It's a huge reason why teams relocate and is the primary reason why the Rams left St. Louis.  

Edited by KMitch