Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Stadiums are paid for by the cities/governments in the USA, not the teams.  It's a huge reason why teams relocate and is the primary reason why the Rams left St. Louis.  

That's crazy, a city could do a hell of a lot with 5 billion.

Just now, Awol said:

Far as I can tell the entire Arsenal fan base is now convinced this isn’t happening based on an Ashley Preece article. 

The confirmation bias is strong with that lot. 

Saw that myself earlier--apparently Ashley's "Arsenal contact" has said there is a 0% chance of it happening.

Just now, Awol said:

Far as I can tell the entire Arsenal fan base is now convinced this isn’t happening based on an Ashley Preece article. 

The confirmation bias is strong with that lot. 

I must have missed this article. 
They must also realise that David Ornstein, who seems to be bang on 100% of the time, is reporting we'll make a second bid or may have already done so. 

Do I think this will happen? Probably not, but there isn't a journalist in the Midlands that knows anything about the transfer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I've been struggling to put into words how I'd feel if this happened. I can't understand how any Villa fan could even consider it. We're fine just where we are.

Yes but some parts around the ground are really, really run down. I always hoped a rich owner would buy the derelict industrial areas around and build a museum, resort, performance centre etc.

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Such nonsense, sorry. Move to the City Centre out of Aston. From hallowed ground. To where...f***** Broad St???!!!

Most grounds are in working class or under privileged areas. English football culture was built on it, terraced houses, back streets, floodlights appearing from nowhere for european nights. We have one of the most iconic stadiums in Europe but hey ho lets move to town. 

Moving should be the last thing the club ever considers. Regardless of our position

One of the most iconic in europe 🤣

I would suggest Dale End next to the Uni's

• Confused 1

Glamourise the traditional terraces of the hard-working salt of the earth working class all you like, but it's a **** shithole I wouldn't want to walk around at night without thousands of Villa fans around me, and the houses severely pin us in and make expansion incredibly limited and expensive. 

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

Glamourise the traditional terraces of the hard-working salt of the earth working class all you like, but it's a **** shithole I wouldn't want to walk around at night without thousands of Villa fans around me, and the houses severely pin us in and make expansion incredibly limited and expensive. 

You don't have to because that has absolutely nothing to do with football or Aston Villa Football Club in any way, shape or form.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Could not disagree more.

The thrill I get coming over from Dublin for games and getting close to the stadium on matchday is the same now as it was when I was a kid.

A proper stadium in an area full of great hard-working people.

We're called "Aston" Villa for a reason.

I do stay in the city centre mind.. love Broad Street but that stadium can stay exactly where it is 😉

It would be next to Aston uni if that makes you happier ;)

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

One of the most iconic in europe 🤣

Not even a question, been remarked by footballers. It may not be huge but it’s classed as iconic 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wuss 😉🤣

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In all serious why would you want to take us from our roots.  That sentence is what Aston Villa is, the soul of this club. Why do you want to modernise it and become a ghost of what it was. Make it all plastic in nature.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It would be next to Aston uni if that makes you happier ;)

Aston Uni, Birmingham City Uni, HS2 etc dominate that area. There's no room.

Moving from Villa Park is a shit idea, possibly even monstrous, but if it was to happen, it would be out towards the NEC.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Way way Off topic ( sorry mods) but the stadium site is bigger than DisneyLand … it also has a two sided halo video screen… I believe Kroneke has used Arsenal as collateral for the loans or something along those lines … 

2B6C5086-F278-49AF-BDFC-5A4D539512E9.webp

D2F66EBE-2AA9-4A99-959B-4888EDEB6C89.jpeg

as a chargers fan i'll add some boredom too it...

its under the flight path from LAX, as a result they had to make the stadium lower, which meant putting a chunk of it in excavated ground, excavated ground is where the money is

it'll be multi use, NFL, concerts, wrestling, its hosting the 2028 olympics opening ceremony 

the money is $500m in loans from the NFL but then all kroenke, its backed by tax breaks rather than government funding 

the main thing is they've developed the whole postcode, shops, restaurants, apartments all that bollocks and then maybe more importantly the NFL are moving their TV studio there

its 100% a factor in why kroenke is seemingly bored with arsenal, his first love has a shiny new toy

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not even a question, been remarked by footballers. It may not be huge but it’s classed as iconic 

Depends what you mean by europe and as iconic 

If I ask the football fans in my office to describe Villa Park tomorrow none of them will

From my experience the outside of the stadium is very very rarely shown, tge brick facade etc German sky doesn't show it 

Even if a guy who I know watches Liverpool every week because of klopp was to say "oh yeah I know Anfield" what does that mean? You know the name, you know the tourists sing at the start and the end, you know sky tell you the atmosphere is incredible, you know that the seats are red... 

Conversely think of dortmund, you know about the yellow wall and the incredible atmosphere... What else do you know? What do you think a dortmund fan knows about VP? It will be next to nothing 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1