Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Can we bid £40mill for Smith-Rowe instead of Abraham please, thank you. 

Not matter what Arteta wants, that Kronke fella’s ears would prick up if we bid that.

What I haven’t seen on this thread is what Villa fans think he might be worth? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Not matter what Arteta wants, that Kronke fella’s ears would prick up if we bid that.

I watched ESR last season and after getting past the jack wannabe socks rolled down I was impressed.  In my opinion he saved Arsenal from being bottom half.  

20 years old and doing that for Arse I would say yeah he is worth it especially if we cash in on Jack in the next couple of years.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I watched ESR last season and after getting past the jack wannabe socks rolled down I was impressed.  In my opinion he saved Arsenal from being bottom half.  

20 years old and doing that for Arse I would say yeah he is worth it especially if we cash in on Jack in the next couple of years.

I’m with you. He is the closest thing to a Grealish I’ve seen at another team. 

If he applies himself and improves his physique, ESR will be world class in 2/3 years time. In my opinion anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Awol said:

In today’s ridiculous market he is probably valued at around 40m to be honest. 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Can we bid £40mill for Smith-Rowe instead of Abraham please, thank you. 

yeah but no but yeah but no we need striker who can striker goals and tammy played 4 viwwa b4 so ye want tammy play 2 strikers cus spend 40m on position not need cus tammy play for villa b4 and i like ma tammy so 40m ok spend on tammy dont care 40m needed on other spot in team tammy 40m please we need bakup on striker and mayb plya 2 stiker dont no need CAM cuz CAMs go on carz not strker who we need 40m spend on cus tammzy was good for vilza and i like tamzya cus i dont ned reson 4 whyz i just wont tamsy fore 40m dat ok ya? can u not c my reesoned argoooment?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

The kid has a lot of talent, whatever the initial fee, there will certainly be a lot of weighted add ons.

I mean if we are truly intent on signing him the going back with a bid of £30mill won’t cut it… We gotta go big or not bother … £42mill max inc add ons? Or is that a bit too mad? 

Edited by thabucks

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah but no but yeah but no we need striker who can striker goals and tammy played 4 viwwa b4 so ye want tammy play 2 strikers cus spend 40m on position not need cus tammy play for villa b4 and i like ma tammy so 40m ok spend on tammy dont care 40m needed on other spot in team tammy 40m please we need bakup on striker and mayb plya 2 stiker dont no need CAM cuz CAMs go on carz not strker who we need 40m spend on cus tammzy was good for vilza and i like tamzya cus i dont ned reson 4 whyz i just wont tamsy fore 40m dat ok ya? can u not c my reesoned argoooment?

Just because you don’t agree, you act like a child!

I can't think of many of a similar profile, description and quality to Smith Rowe from the English game that we could go for, Josh Dasilva and Olise come to mind as being young creative attacking midfielders, but they probably wouldn't come straight into our first team in the same way Smith Rowe would.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Also if we do sign him and Jack does end up leaving, I couldn't think of better replacements than ESR and Buendia, so we'd be covering our bases along with signing such a good player.

Exactly. And even if we keep Grealish for another season, he’ll be great for us and a ready made replacement for him when he leaves. 

I don’t think we’ll get him for less than 40m though. 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Exactly. And even if we keep Grealish for another season, he’ll be great for us and a ready made replacement for him when he leaves. 

I don’t think we’ll get him for less than 40m though. 

If we see him as a long-term Jack replacement, £40m is fine.

Genuinely, if we sell Jack at £100m+ and ESR turns out to be literally half the player Jack is then it's good business (signing ESR, not selling Jack). We wouldn't have overpaid at £50m. Not that I think we should pay that, but if he's the guy the management think could pick up Jacks place, then I'd name my peace with it as it's so important to us.

Play them together with ESR in the middle of Jack & Buendia and we've got a scary looking attack.