Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

8 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Wow If Smith Rowe is already earning £20k a week despite only breaking through this season then I can see why Arsenal are in financial trouble. I would have guessed £5k a week MAX for a young player promoted from the youth set up who signed his last contract in 2018. 

I've seen 12k 15k 20k from 3 different wages sites. I'm leaning towards the first 2 figures

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Wow If Smith Rowe is already earning £20k a week despite only breaking through this season then I can see why Arsenal are in financial trouble. I would have guessed £5k a week MAX for a young player promoted from the youth set up who signed his last contract in 2018. 

He has a whopping 3 games in the Bundesliga a couple of seasons ago and was highly rated with a few games in both the PL and Europe when he signed his last contract so it's not really that big a surprise.

It's more due to them handing bloated contracts to the likes of Özil, Willian, Luiz and so on and paying massive fees for Pepe over even worse players like Torreira, Saliba and Mkhitaryan who are not even playing for them atm.

£20k to a young talent I'm sure they can handle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

He has a whopping 3 games in the Bundesliga a couple of seasons ago and was highly rated with a few games in both the PL and Europe when he signed his last contract so it's not really that big a surprise.

It's more due to them handing bloated contracts to the likes of Özil, Willian, Luiz and so on and paying massive fees for Pepe over even worse players like Torreira, Saliba and Mkhitaryan who are not even playing for them atm.

£20k to a young talent I'm sure they can handle.

Celebration Wow GIF by MolaTV

No wonder he's doing summersaults...

• Like 2

ESR is about to enter the last year of his contract. Next month I believe?

Its not good practice to have a valuable young player on the last year of his contract. It's a good time to go in and disrupt.

We can offer a younger squad - more his age, genuine first team opportunity (Barkley is off, there's a place up for grabs), most likely - more money. Bias aside - I think we're a better prospect in general at the moment.
It might not be enough still, but there's no harm in having a go if he's a player we're interested in. If he wasn't interested, we wouldn't have even bid. (if we have).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

ESR is about to enter the last year of his contract. Next month I believe?

Its not good practice to have a valuable young player on the last year of his contract. It's a good time to go in and disrupt.

We can offer a younger squad - more his age, genuine first team opportunity (Barkley is off, there's a place up for grabs), most likely - more money. Bias aside - I think we're a better prospect in general at the moment.
It might not be enough still, but there's no harm in having a go if he's a player we're interested in. If he wasn't interested, we wouldn't have even bid. (if we have).

he has two years left on his contract

https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/arsenal-fc/emile-smith-rowe-50184/

Smith Rowe Contract.JPG

Edited by nick76

At the very least, we are unsettling Arsenal and driving up the price for their player. It's a win-win for Villa. At the very least we weaken the financial position of a direct competitor in the league. IMO, we are now on stronger footing than Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

he has two years left on his contract

I saw an Arsenal expert saying it was about to enter the last year but he could have been mistaken I guess.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I saw an Arsenal expert saying it was about to enter the last year but he could have been mistaken I guess.

He’s about to enter the first year of his contract but with a new much better club that’s going places. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jareth said:

The penultimate year on a contract surely is something of the last year given when it expires the player literally has all the control? 

Exactly, if ESR doesn’t sign a new contract this summer then it’s very likely he’ll be sold. If Villa know he’s not going to then we’re putting ourselves at the front of the queue for his signature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Done deal according to my uncles mate of a mate who plays golf with Emile’s second cousin once removed mate of mate. 🙄

Yea, thanks n'all but I won't believe that till I see it on Villareport. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't know Arsenal. 

As kids we went on family holiday to one of the faceless Spanish coastal towns and in one of the shops with the knock off jerseys my brother asked if there were any Newcastle ones.

The guy (I'm guessing of North-Indian/Pakistani origins and with a corresponding dialect) replied "what is Newcastle?". I still laugh when I think of it.

• Haha 2

Checked in on the Arsenal Mania thread (ticking over nicely) and you can feel the angst rising. A few starting to think there might be something in it, but mostly comforting themselves that Villa are disrespectfully trolling their great club for publicity… 

If we do end up getting this kid it’s going to be a very hard landing for their fan base. 

If we did manage to complete this deal I think it would be the final straw in terms of their fans and how pissed off they are with the owners.

Another example of just how well run we are now, with excellent support from fantastic owners. It feels like it’s our turn to shine for a change, which is exactly why the likes of Arsenal and Spurs don’t like us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Checked in on the Arsenal Mania thread (ticking over nicely) and you can feel the angst rising. A few starting to think there might be something in it, but mostly comforting themselves that Villa are disrespectfully trolling their great club for publicity… 

If we do end up getting this kid it’s going to be a very hard landing for their fan base. 

I've seen a few in twitter claiming we're doing this just to raise our profile, using the mighty Arsenal name. Absolutely brilliant it is. 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Jack is a bigger pull than some of us realise.

He'll be in the England camp doing his own share of tapping up as well, and reporting back to Deano. 😎

He's already said that Jack is his idol. Midway through the season, he started rolling down his socks like Jack, and if you watch him you can see how he models his game after Jack too. Dare I say he's better than Jack was at 20 too. If we pull this off, it'd be amazing that we'd essentially have 3 Jack's playing behind Ollie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1