James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

TBQH if (IF IF IF) the unthinkable was to happen and Jack was to be sold then I would fully expect this one to happen.  Otherwise I don't.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The timing of the bid is interesting for sure

The cynic in me thinks more that the timing of the article is interesting i.e. playing on everyone's hair trigger nerves and it's all a load of old cobblers.  Seems to be the way the Athletic is going these days.

• Like 1

£25m? Is this **** amateur hour? It's a ludicrous, insulting bid.

I don't understand how we went from doing the business with Buendia so quietly and efficiently to the absolute circus with ESR and now this, what are we playing at.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, piav_k4 said:

It is a horrible thought selling JG for £100m and having to pay £40m to get JWP.

i mean....Arsenal paid 50m for White.......

grealish for 100m?

If White is worth 50m, Grealish is worth 120m i reckon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't understand how we went from doing the business with Buendia so quietly and efficiently to the absolute circus with ESR and now this, what are we playing at.

It seems like we're starting all our bids at 25m lol with ESR and Bailey. I honestly don't know what's been our gameplan with some of these bids

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah. The cynic in me with all these 16 year olds we are signing - have we turned a corner...???...in a bad way.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

ESR all came from Arsenals end though, was Arsenal journos leaking it

35 minutes ago, BOF said:

TBQH if (IF IF IF) the unthinkable was to happen and Jack was to be sold then I would fully expect this one to happen.  Otherwise I don't.

The fact that we've made a bid suggests Jack will be sold is my interpretation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The fact that we've made a bid suggests Jack will be sold is my interpretation. 

I think it's Athletic clickbait and we haven't bid. They're exploiting the timing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

It seems like we're starting all our bids at 25m lol with ESR and Bailey. I honestly don't know what's been our gameplan with some of these bids

Exactly you and no one else for that matter know what our plan is. Criticism of the club based on click bait articles is as pointless as it ridiculous. The “journalists don’t even know if we have bid let alone the value of the bid. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Exactly you and no one else for that matter know what our plan is. Criticism of the club based on click bait articles is as pointless as it ridiculous. The “journalists don’t even know if we have bid let alone the value of the bid. 

I think the so called top level media i.e. sky, bbc, etc, have realised that clickbait is very successful and they are happy to use these made up links and run with stuff as if its gospel. No one ever quotes a source as their source comes from scouring fan gossip on forums and social.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We were allegedly looking at £40-50m a few weeks back and allegedly made an opening bid then around the £35m mark.

We've then waited over a month and opened with a laughable £25m the very day we get sent £100m offer for Jack?

Not very sensible is it? Would've been better off putting the ESR money into JWP 4 weeks ago before everyone and their nans knew we had £100m on the table. Feels like a quick way of trying to change the news cycle

So you think we bid £35m had it rejected and came back with £25m? Do you think that’s likely, or perhaps the Athletic are more pathetic than we thought?

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So you think we bid £35m had it rejected and came back with £25m? Do you think that’s likely, or perhaps the Athletic are more pathetic than we thought?

I think we know what its going to take and very quickly tried to get some more positive news out in the market that shows we're doing something. So lumped a shit bid in

Â