James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

We'd be much stronger IMO. With threats from all over the park. 

Yep, except I’d go with the midfield 3 as McGinn & Sanson with JWP anchoring, Buendia as RF, Ollie in the middle and Bailey in the LF slot. 

All action, high tempo and very quick pressing game in Deano’s preferred formation, with the likes of Traore, JPB, Chuk and Ramsey, plus whoever else to come in as needed.

I’d also expect either a high end CAM or wing forward so we can also play 4-2-3-1 with a fluid front four. ESR makes complete sense in this context, so any targets likely to be in a similar mold - though we could do it regardless by including Traore. 

• Like 2

Just now, Awol said:

Yep, except I’d go with the midfield 3 as McGinn & Sanson with JWP anchoring, Buendia as RF, Ollie in the middle and Bailey in the LF slot. 

All action, high tempo and very quick pressing game in Deano’s preferred formation, with the likes of Traore, JPB, Chuk and Ramsey, plus whoever else to come in as needed.

I’d also expect either a high end CAM or wing forward so we can also play 4-2-3-1 with a fluid front four. ESR makes complete sense in this context, so any targets likely to be in a similar mold - though we could do it regardless by including Traore. 

JWP isnt an anchor/6, JWP is more of an 8 just like McGinn, Sanson, Luiz etc.

i would love to see JWP as the second man in a pivot tho, where the other is a proper 6.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Cantwell? I like him, think he could improve massively in the right set up and with better players. He plays left wing or AM for Norwich... basically Jack's positions. 

He seems to be marmite on here though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Cantwell? I like him, think he could improve massively in the right set up and with better players. He plays left wing or AM for Norwich... basically Jack's positions. 

He seems to be marmite on here though. 

I’m not a Cantwell fan but that doesn’t mean I’m right! Also I think we could defo play JWP as a 6 quarterbacking the whole team quite happily. 

In an ideal world I think £35mil gets it done and would be a fantastic bit of business. My impression is there is something in this but whether Southampton would accept what we are willing to pay I'm not so sure about 

No chance we will get him unless we pay £60 mill. He is as vital to Southampton as Jack is to us.  And the strange thing is i think he would be worth it. Not because he is worth £60 million but because i think he would fit us like a glove. He is one of those players that gets overlooked because he isnt flashy or cool . But he would be the beating heart of our midfield. His passing is ace his pressing is ace his injury record is ace and he solves who takes corners free kicks and penalties in an instant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

No chance we will get him unless we pay £60 mill. He is as vital to Southampton as Jack is to us.  And the strange thing is i think he would be worth it. Not because he is worth £60 million but because i think he would fit us like a glove. He is one of those players that gets overlooked because he isnt flashy or cool . But he would be the beating heart of our midfield. His passing is ace his pressing is ace his injury record is ace and he solves who takes corners free kicks and penalties in an instant. 

I would love him but I think it's nonsense from the get go because Southampton would never sell, they'd possibly be risking relegation, and he'd cost a fortune

Just now, jacketspuds said:

One of the Southampton fans thinks we’ve overpaid for Ings in order to push through a deal for Ward-Prowse.

No idea how he came to that **** up logic but there you go.

We are 100% still in for JWP. Maybe 40m might do it.

47 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Interesting that he is not included in Southamptons squad tonight either. Feel a double swoop from southampton

Is it because of knee injury that's made him miss last 2 friendlies?

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Could be. By the sounds of it they need the money to do a bit of a rebuild with their squad.

They had a very small budget for transfers, so yeah. I think so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

One of the Southampton fans thinks we’ve overpaid for Ings in order to push through a deal for Ward-Prowse.

No idea how he came to that **** up logic but there you go.

Well our supposed bid of £25m for JWP apparently pissed them off so they wouldn't do business with us, I can see the logic of adding an extra few £m to Ings' fee to get them back to the table.

Â