James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

What ?????

Hardly any transfers are paid all up front. Haven't been for years.

We paid buendia ‘s initial fee in full and looking at our accounts we do not owe a huge amount in OS fees so we sem to pay in full upfront more often than not. 

• Like 1

I think certain transfers leak because players are asked for their thoughts on former teammates, and word gets out. So those VTers who believe Villa Park is governed by a strict Mafia code of omerta, and *everything* is just journos making stuff up or agents playing silly games... it is possible to still give out the occasional hint of a transfer idea, in the same way Southgate's England lineup got leaked hours before every game.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure this is a real link - and Ornstein doesn't seem the type to lie about actual bids going in.

Whether we'll get him or not, hard to say, but Southampton aren't flush with cash and will have a selling price. Question is whether JWP is worth that to us?

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure this is a real link - and Ornstein doesn't seem the type to lie about actual bids going in.

Whether we'll get him or not, hard to say, but Southampton aren't flush with cash and will have a selling price. Question is whether JWP is worth that to us?

I concur, the bid will be genuine.

Difficult to say how much Southampton will actually let him go for, £35-40m?

Would we pay that much? With Jack going, I would say yes.

I think this will happen if Jack goes, good player, not a superstar but just capable at Premier League level and a proven leader.

First priority if Jack goes is steadying the ship, we cannot get relegated, signings like this improve the spine and allow us to experiment  elsewhere.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, picicata said:

So have we actually made a bid for this guy? The only place that seem to be reporting it is The Athletic. And they're full of shit.

Usually I’d agree but Ornstein was the main one reporting and he is generally more reliable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

They're all the same pal, some just spin the crap better then others.

Hah, you’re not wrong. All taken with a pinch of salt, but I’m generally more inclined to believe some stuff by Ornstein and Percy vs say Greg Evans, Preece, Nursey and those other clowns. 

4 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Hah, you’re not wrong. All taken with a pinch of salt, but I’m generally more inclined to believe some stuff by Ornstein and Percy vs say Greg Evans, Preece, Nursey and those other clowns. 

fair, evans and nursey should be done for fraud, Ash Preece seems like a nice chap who just happens to work for a shitshow.

JWP and Young would really give us the opportunity to get 3 points out of games which we might otherwise Draw. That can really boost you up the table, especially if it gives you 9+ points extra a season. There were too many times in the last couple of years where we wasted key set pieces. JWP would really improve us, is young and also good at pressing the ball. Its a no brainer for me, if the price is right. Shame young couldnt have buried that freekick today

Edited by Villatillidie95

i would love JWP, but i still think we need a proper 6, now i could see JWP as part of a pivot with a proper 6, but JWP, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, Nakamba, where is the top level 6?, they are all kinda 8s, apart from Nakamba who is a 6 i dont class as top level.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

I'm still not sure about this one, if we were in Europe I'd love it but with limited games and McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Hourihane and Nakamba fighting for 2 spots, along with academy hopefuls, we need to offload at least 2 of those 5 for him to fit nicely into our tight-knit side imo

Â