James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I thought JWP was a central midfielder who took set pieces, which is where his “creativity” and goal scoring come from. But hey ho Rob is a professional journalist so he must be right eh?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think we know what its going to take and very quickly tried to get some more positive news out in the market that shows we're doing something. So lumped a shit bid in

Is that the way you think this club is run. Do you think they didn’t think that there was a possibility of someone bidding for Jack? Or perhaps they have no desire to run around and cluelessly do business in public? Everything those running the club has been quiet and professional, I doubt that is going to change anytime soon, no matter who leaves or joins.

Feels very unlogical to get the best set piece taker then sell the most fouled player.

We definitely panicked and threw an offer in to show Jack we aren't playing around. 

£25m for their captain with 4 years left is low but when we offer 40m it sounds more enticing I hope 

Maybe Saints are in need of the money, anyone know?

I like Ward-Prowse and think he'd be good for Villa, definitely more of a defensive player who can hit great set-pieces (something we really need).

Ward-Prowse, Bailey and keeping Grealish and I'd think we would challenge for European places.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe Saints are in need of the money, anyone know?

I like Ward-Prowse and think he'd be good for Villa, definitely more of a defensive player who can hit great set-pieces (something we really need).

Ward-Prowse, Bailey and keeping Grealish and I'd think we would challenge for European places.

They have 10m budget and then sell to buy. Chinese owner that cant get money out of China. 

Theyve signed left back from Ligue 1 and looking at a striker in league one 

Can anyone realistically see him signing? Even if he was keen it's going to take a massive offer for Southampton to accept and a bit like with Smith Rowe it feels like we are wasting time with the pursuit

57 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think we know what its going to take and very quickly tried to get some more positive news out in the market that shows we're doing something. So lumped a shit bid in

If that was true then Purslow should be running a corner shop not AVFC, and for that reason it seems pretty unlikely (granted, the ESR thing was strange).

I saw JWP as the signing to pair with Grealish for obvious reasons. In fact I thought Jack’s comments in the England camp were a not very subtle nod to his joining Villa this summer. 

Whatever happens I’d like him at our club.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

25m for JWP and £30m for ESR.

We're actually embarrassing ourselves.

30m seems fair for a 20 year old with 1 year left on his contract with only 20 PL appearances to his name.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I think it's Athletic clickbait and we haven't bid. They're exploiting the timing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Smith-Rowe was clickbait too. 

Or giving them the benefit of the doubt, they're getting their info from agents who are trying to get new contracts over the line. If we don't sign him I'll expect a new contract signed by end of August. 

I'm hoping the same can be said of Grealish too 

Â