Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

1 minute ago, Genie said:

My neighbour had a heart attack out of the blue a few weeks ago, cause was a small clot of blood blocking part of the heart. 
He had surgery to remove it and is on the road to recovery. They were able to remove the clot in his heart going in via a vein in his wrist.

Saying this, he didn’t collapse like that, he had the chest pains etc and went to hospital in the car.

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Surely has got to retire after that. 

Very disturbing scenes. Thank God he is OK. 

Stop 

You know essentially **** all regarding the incident and the human body

• Like 4

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

It's definitely athletic career over. Who cares though, hopefully he goes home to his family and enjoys a long life. 

Absolutely this. Who gives a shit. He can just relax with his wife and young family and do whatever the **** he feels like.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Have to credit Schmeichel aswell. He went through this s*** at Leicester 18 months back but went straight over to comfort Eriksen's partner.

I assume some don't like him because of his Dad but he's always struck me as very classy person.

He was a rock for them 18 months ago. Football aside, he’s a good man.

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It's definitely athletic career over. Who cares though, hopefully he goes home to his family and enjoys a long life. 

So shook up seeing that all unfold the way it did. Fingers crossed he recovers well 

He's had a fantastic career, just won Serie A with Inter.

Of course something like tonight isn't way you'd want it to end but no way would I take the risk going back to playing high intensity sport like he does if in same situation.

Hopefully there's no brain damage or anything like Ajax player Nouri had which is another horrible case. Those pictures of him putting his hand up to his head as he left the pitch at least seem to indicate his brain and senses are still working o.k.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have to credit Schmeichel aswell. He went through this s*** at Leicester 18 months back but went straight over to comfort Eriksen's partner.

I assume some don't like him because of his Dad but he's always struck me as very classy person.

Yeah I saw him run over and scream give them space too when the medical team came over, got everyone out of the way

Also whichever dane it was that went for his tongue 

Some incredible level headedness from them 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Come on. He's alive. It was horrific. We're all shocked. It's ok to discuss what happened.

He isn't out the danger zone yet. Huge 24 hrs for him. People collapse , get revived, are talkative and then boom the heart fails again...and again and again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Come on. He's alive. It was horrific. We're all shocked. It's ok to discuss what happened.

Discussing what happened is one thing, speculating on what it might mean for someone's future and guessing at an underlying condition affecting his vital organs is quite different.

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, Thomas Delaney I think ushering his team mates so that the world can't watch another team mate as he lay dying 

Not a clue how those Danes held it together whilst me at home sat watching on my TV was distraught 

Vikings. 

• Like 1

That was bloody rough to watch. Not sure why they didn't cut to the studio sooner to be fair, we all knew it didn't look good. As for his poor wife...

This sort of stuff does put a lump in my throat though. A proffesional athlete, arguably one of the fittest games of sport in the world and playing at the highest level and this happens.

• Like 1

Tears of joy when it was confirmed he was awake and stabalised. So many people the players, Refs, medical staff covered themselves in glory while helping to save his life. Not really worried about who may have gotten something wrong, in the end Christian is alive and that's all that matters. 

Â