Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Why on earth is it strange? It will be one of the most talked about moments in EC history. People will watch this, just like they watch the planes fly into the WTCs

I don’t remember wanting to watch videos of it less than an hour after it **** happening. Some **** people man. Yet if I lose my cool I’ll get done for it. Makes me sick. 

Edited by Ingram85

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sorry chaps but this is daft, the players have to play this game now, or later - their player is ok - after a very shocking event - but they know this game has to happen, why not now? No point in dwelling on the event immediately, crack on, deal with it later. 

I know when traumatic things have happened to me in the past I’ve thrown myself into work to help me get through it so I’d be wanting to finish the game especially knowing my friend was stable, was in the best hands and needing professionals to help him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They all chatted with Erikson and agreed they would play on. 

Yeah, that's the only way I can see them agreeing, if he was lucid enough to voice that you would want to go ahead for him. 

Would be surprising that they had that kind of time with him though. 

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've seen too much shite in my life so I'm not bothered by it, but I just didn't see what was said. Kjaer ran over and checked the tongue, then sat next to the physio/medic team for a while, but I've checked most videos I can find now and I can't see him do any CPR. Not that it matters much anyway. 

Any video around of the defibs?

You will only wish you never saw it if you do watch it. My advice is not to look. Shook me up for a good hour or so and I'm not normally one to react like that. It was a horrible sight.

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I don’t remember wanting to watch videos of it less than an hour after it **** happening. Some **** people man. Yet if I lose my cool I’ll get done for it. Makes me sick. 

Don’t let it wind you up.

Everybody has different ways of handling these things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, that's the only way I can see them agreeing, if he was lucid enough to voice that you would want to go ahead for him. 

Would be surprising that they had that kind of time with him though. 

It might be way less serious than we all feared, he might be perfectly fine now? His agent is saying he’s sitting up and talking ok etc

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Just got in and heard of this. Was it definitely cardiac arrest as being suggested here (administration of CPR)?

They haven't said what it was, understandably.

He was given CPR and defibrillation on the pitch for an extended period.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Ok, not the whole world.

Finland did nothing wrong, but everyone's best wishes are with Eriksen, and I'm sure what would make him most happy is a Denmark win.

And I hope (like I'm sure many do) it happens.

I’m not convinced of the bottom line.

What has happened to Eriksen is shocking.  Relating that to the score/result now has no influence to most people as before the game.  I’m still supporting the underdog of Finland as I usually do. 

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Does the time from when it happened decrease the severity of it?

I don't think they would have restarted this match if the Danish players hadn't received a degree of positive news regarding Christian's health, take comfort in that. Still feels weird watching the match at this point though.

Edited by MachoFantastico
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not convinced of the bottom line.

What has happened to Eriksen is shocking.  Relating that to the score/result now has no influence to most people as before the game.  I’m still supporting the underdog of Finland as I usually do. 

I supported Finland, now I'm more in favour of Denmark.

I get your point though. It's been an emotional hour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I want us to sign Simon Kjaer now and Kasper, top top men, will make excellent backups.

I haven't been a fan of some of Schmeichel's actions in the past but bloody hell he handled the situation incredibly maturely. He acted like a true leader. Respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

Wonder if Belgium v Russia will still kick off at 8pm or will wait until this game is over

from UEFA:

Tonight’s UEFA EURO 2020 match between Belgium and Russia will go ahead at 21.00 CET as planned.

• Like 1

Â