Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Very poor from the BBC. Showing the CPR is bad enough, but seeing his body convulse when they used the defibrillator was just horrendous. Then to show players consoling his wife.

Totally unnecessary.

Swedish TV cut the feed when they realised they did CPR and the commentators stopped talking. That you describe is terrible from the BBC.

• Like 1

**** the BBC. As soon as that shot of his face when he's down appears this should be straight back to the studio.

Girl runs on the pitch with her tits out and we have an immediate cut to the stands. Guy collapses and we ogle 10 minutes 

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Just came to this thread as the TV is off, has CE had a heart attack on the pitch?

Sounds horrific.

Just collapsed, has had cpr live on TV. Pretty unbelievable broadcasting when they won't show bad injuries normally. Match called off and I can see them calling off the whole tournament 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Very poor from the BBC. Showing the CPR is bad enough, but seeing his body convulse when they used the defibrillator was just horrendous. Then to show players consoling his wife.

Totally unnecessary.

It's far worse than very poor to be honest. Not only to show that footage but to then take a report for cricket. Horrendous doesn't begin to explain how bad that really was. 

I truly hope he pulls through.

• Like 1

This is awful and I feel it for Eriksen and his family.  I have the same heart condition that Fabrice Muamba and a lot of these athletes who collapse of a heart attack have, Hypertropic Cardiomyopathy.  It's not something that's commonly screened for and most people don't even realize they have the condition until the worst happens.  The only reason I got screened and realized I have it is because my father passed away from a heart attack 25 years ago.  I really do hope he's alright and comes out of this ok.  

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Totally unnecessary.

To be fair, that’s not quite the BBC’s fault. They basically get a stream from the stadium and provide commentary over it.

Just now, Enda said:

To be fair, that’s not quite the BBC’s fault. They basically get a stream from the stadium and provide commentary over it.

No it is. They can choose to go back to the studio whenever they like.

Just now, Enda said:

German TV showed exactly the same 

They can cut to their own studio or a different programme though 

• Like 1

BBC were just taking the Danish/world feed but yeah should've cut back to the studio way earlier.

Shocking doing a close up of his Wife or GF crying on the pitch, completely unacceptable that.

Love to anyone Danish reading this (I think we may have one or two on this forum given we've had quite a few Danish players in the past).

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

No it is. They can choose to go back to the studio whenever they like.

I watched the Muamba one and Setanta or whoever it was back then did the same although they cut to the furthest camera from pitch as possible. Still had the commentary on until Muamba was carried off the pitch as can still remember Jon Champion's very hushed tones.

Awful directing as it was obvious he wasn't just going to get up anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading. So glad I was having dinner instead of watching it live, sounds horrific and appalling in equal measure.

Honest if they'd have announced him dead I think I might have shed a tear, it was just shocking and horrible

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just collapsed, has had cpr live on TV. Pretty unbelievable broadcasting when they won't show bad injuries normally. Match called off and I can see them calling off the whole tournament 

Can't see them cancelling the tournament but it will have a huge impact on all of the players, especially the ones who knew him personally.

Could see the Belgium game being postponed.

• Like 1

Â