Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I’ve seen some awful stuff, including death first hand and up close… but it’s never pleasant. 

I’m not going to help you find videos of defibrillators, have some compassion and respect. 

What's next? Tell me not to throw away food cause there are hungry people in Africa? 

The danish players has decided to play the game FOR Christian. They haven’t been forced by UEFA. Credit to Finnish players all clapping when the players and staff entered the pitch

• Like 2

An hour ago you've stood next to your colleague, a senior colleague, being revived on the pitch for an extended period. You aren't going to be in a good place mentally even with better news coming through.

• Like 2

Just now, Mic09 said:

If Finland win this they are gonna look like right dicks now 

Yep. I had a draw in my friends betting pool before this. If I were to re-bet now I'd go for Denmark. It's almost unfair for Finland. 

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Whether the players are saying they're okay with it or not, they shouldn't be the ones having the final say. Some of them looked absolutely broken and in shock. The decision should be taken out of their hands. No way all of them are okay to play. 

you're probably right. I have no idea why the game is continuing.

I would go easy on UEFA here. It's not like an easy situation to deal with, and it's entirely possible Eriksen is awake and well and wanted for his team mates to carry on. 

If players said they don't want to, they wouldn't.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

That's actually a myth that you can swallow your tongue, and sticking your hand in an unconscious persons mouth can do more harm than good. Not that I blame Kjaer for doing so as it was an awful situation where he was just trying to help, but unless your ensuring the person isn't biting their tongue during a seizure, you don't need to worry about their tongue.

On every single First Aid course I've ever done (and my certification is still in date) the first thing you check before attempting CPR is that the airway is clear

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Seriously mate, you could argue with the **** Pope! 

Not sure why he's so desperate to see videos? Bit strange.

As for the game kicking back off, don't think I'd want to watch it anyway :( (assuming it's back on tele).

Edited by MCU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Give it a rest

Of course it wasn't serious. But what if they score 3 quick goals? It's a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

Not sure why he's so desperate to see videos? Bit strange.

As for the game kicking back off, don't think I'd want to watch it anyway :( (assuming it's back on tele).

Why on earth is it strange? It will be one of the most talked about moments in EC history. People will watch this, just like they watch the planes fly into the WTCs

Just now, Mic09 said:

Of course it wasn't serious. But what if they score 3 quick goals? It's a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

I think as long as they're not celebrating too wildly if they score / win then it'll be fine (and I doubt anyone is in the mood for that). I don't think anyone is going to blame the Finland team for anything, even if they're unhappy the game has been restarted.

• Like 1

Â