Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Simon Kjaer takes a sprint about 100 meters. Check if Eriksen has swallowed his tongue and starts CPR. When medical staff are on site, he goes over to reassure Eriksen's wife. Captain.

Damn you Noel, I shed a tear reading that, what a captain.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I saw him run over and scream give them space too when the medical team came over, got everyone out of the way

Also whichever dane it was that went for his tongue 

Some incredible level headedness from them 

That's actually a myth that you can swallow your tongue, and sticking your hand in an unconscious persons mouth can do more harm than good. Not that I blame Kjaer for doing so as it was an awful situation where he was just trying to help, but unless your ensuring the person isn't biting their tongue during a seizure, you don't need to worry about their tongue.

Just seen it again... 

Fair play to Anthony Taylor too, its a proper what the **** happened there moment but he's stopped the game and is emphatically waving the medical team to come on, no second guessing or having a think about it he read the severity of the situation which won't have been easy to do 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Simon Kjaer takes a sprint about 100 meters. Check if Eriksen has swallowed his tongue and starts CPR. When medical staff are on site, he goes over to reassure Eriksen's wife. Captain.

I didn't watch it live, but tried to find a youtube sequence on it, and whatever video I watch, I can't see Kjaer doing CPR. 

Had to lie down as it made me feel weird.

Horrible scenes, hopefully no after effects other than the expected career end.

Magnificent from everyone involved from the players, staff and even the fans chanting his name.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I didn't watch it live, but tried to find a youtube sequence on it, and whatever video I watch, I can't see Kjaer doing CPR. 

Im not gonna rewatch it so I take your word. My wrong then.

Edited by NoelVilla

Puts a lot of insignificant things into perspective this. Just given my two young kids a big kiss and told them how much I love them. They probably thought what’s dad doing here being silly. It was worth it cos it’s made me feel better this evening. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Having seen it live, I would avoid rewatching it as it’s not pleasant by any means.

• Like 1

Â