Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

GROUP B
BEL.png?imwidth=158Belgium
DEN.png?imwidth=158Denmark
FIN.png?imwidth=158Finland
RUS.png?imwidth=158Russia

12/06 @ 17:00 - Denmark v Finland (Copenhagen)
12/06 @ 20:00 - Belgium v Russia  (St.Petersburg)

16/06 @ 14:00 - Finland v Russia  (St.Petersburg)
17/06 @ 17:00 - Denmark v Belgium (Copenhagen)

21/06 @ 20:00 - Finland v Belgium (St.Petersburg)
21/06 @ 20:00 - Russia  v Denmark (Copenhagen)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

This group starts today and the thread is all the way on page 2!

It’s not the most exciting group on paper.

Belgium should win this with ease, even without Hazard, KDB or Witsel. Probably good for them to get game time though.

8 minutes ago, AXD said:

It’s not the most exciting group on paper.

Belgium should win this with ease, even without Hazard, KDB or Witsel. Probably good for them to get game time though.

It'll work out as 2 away games though in St Petersburg and Copenhagen which could add some interest 

Hard to see them not winning the group though, 2nd place anything could happen 

A lot of people tipping Denmark as dark horses(people said similar about Turkey 😉

Tricky group for Belgium, Denmark and Russia are at home and Finland first tournament so will be up for it. They should get through but i dont think its 3 wins from 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

A lot of people tipping Denmark as dark horses(people said similar about Turkey 😉

Tricky group for Belgium, Denmark and Russia are at home and Finland first tournament so will be up for it. They should get through but i dont think its 3 wins from 3

I hope it’s not, we don’t want to become too much at ease. Maybe use the game against Finland to give the likes of Doku a start.

I do not like the new format. Pretty much everyone qualifies for the next round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AXD said:

I hope it’s not, we don’t want to become too much at ease. Maybe use the game against Finland to give the likes of Doku a start.

I do not like the new format. Pretty much everyone qualifies for the next round.

Nor me

And I also don't think there's many if any of the groups where there is a clear cut better 2 teams who will qualify, some of the groups look a bit obvious as to who the winner will be but 2nd place is really open 

This group is a prime example, not a clue who gets 2nd 

In sort of defence of the format, what you lose in round 1 you should more than make up for in round 3, which should feature many fewer meaningless games in which either both teams are already through or both teams are already out. It's not perfect, but it's not a complete disaster either.

• Like 1

Â