Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

I was at the stadium yesterday watching Denmark-Russia and it was f*****g great with an almost full Stadium (25000 vs. 38000 on a "normal" day). I didnt understand the YNWA either, that was just weird. Ther first team to qualify for the next round with 2 defeats and a win.

Yesterday I was proud of the danish national team and unfortunately for Wales, they'll meet a team full of confindence playing for Christian Eriksen...

Denmark fully deserved to go through. First game they dominated and were then forced to play the second half in the weirdest state of mind for a footballer ever, otherwise they would have probably won. Against us, they deserved more than a defeat and were outdone by a brilliant KDB. Russia was well beaten.

Neither Finland or Russia showed anything to warrant a place in the next round, Denmark did. I don't epect a 'best 3rd' to be coming out of this group.

• Like 2

Denmark will rightly go into the game with Wales as favourites. They would probably have qualified with at least 6 points had Eriksen not collapsed, and they were the better team for more of the group (the whole game against Russia, the first half against Finland, and at least evenly matched in the first half against Belgium) than Wales (the whole game against Turkey, but not at all against Italy and I would say worse against the Swiss as well).

That said, Wales have shown they're a tough opponent and make a really tight group, so can't count out a surprise Welsh win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Denmark will rightly go into the game with Wales as favourites. They would probably have qualified with at least 6 points had Eriksen not collapsed, and they were the better team for more of the group (the whole game against Russia, the first half against Finland, and at least evenly matched in the first half against Belgium) than Wales (the whole game against Turkey, but not at all against Italy and I would say worse against the Swiss as well).

That said, Wales have shown they're a tough opponent and make a really tight group, so can't count out a surprise Welsh win.

I think its a game that could easily go to penalties, I know Denmark scored 4 but probably the weakness for them is scoring goals as needed a lot of chances vs Finland and Belgium go begging. Wales can hold out and are defensively disciplined and probably are similarly weak in attack

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think its a game that could easily go to penalties, I know Denmark scored 4 but probably the weakness for them is scoring goals as needed a lot of chances vs Finland and Belgium go begging. Wales can hold out and are defensively disciplined and probably are similarly weak in attack

How has that lad Braithwaite had the career he has had? He has got into double figures for league goals twice in his career - both times he scored 11 - and that was for Toulouse 5 and 6 seasons ago.

Every time I see him he's absolute bobbins.

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How has that lad Braithwaite had the career he has had? He has got into double figures for league goals twice in his career - both times he scored 11 - and that was for Toulouse 5 and 6 seasons ago.

Not really had any particular career until Barca snapped him up due to him having the only release clause they could afford to trigger to make that emergency signing.

Says a lot of the state Barca was in that he's actually gotten a fair number of minutes. Must be both fun and embarrassing for him to train alongside Messi. He's basically a competition winner.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think Boro paid a decent fee too aswell. One of these headless pacey players 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sne said:

Not really had any particular career until Barca snapped him up due to him having the only release clause they could afford to trigger to make that emergency signing.

Says a lot of the state Barca was in that he's actually gotten a fair number of minutes. Must be both fun and embarrassing for him to train alongside Messi. He's basically a competition winner.

Yes, exactly this, 'basically a competition winner'. I feel like he is to Barca what Jordan Bowery was to Aston Villa. Absolutely wild that he's got as many appearances as he has there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You know he probably won't play football again mate?

Yes I do...not sure what's difficult to follow as I meant if Denmark-Wales had been playing with the teams selected for opening games of tournament then Denmark would be 60-40....Eriksen absence puts that more towards 50-50 I think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He did o.k for Leganes as a sort of Mitrovic type, big targetman striker (although he seems to have played most of his career as wide player). Started way more for Barcelona than I expected last season.

Â