Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

Find it very hard to believe that the players have requested the resumption after something so traumatic. I guess they did if that's the official line, but seems strange to me. Oh well, their call, not ours.

If the players asked to continue to play, that is their right. But shouldn’t there be a mental coach or psychiatrist in the staff saying they are not in the right frame of mind. I’d be amazed if they can play 100% focused after what just happened.

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think as long as they're not celebrating too wildly if they score / win then it'll be fine (and I doubt anyone is in the mood for that). I don't think anyone is going to blame the Finland team for anything, even if they're unhappy the game has been restarted.

I think it's safe to say the whole world is team Denmark now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Find it very hard to believe that the players have requested the resumption after something so traumatic. I guess they did if that's the official line, but seems strange to me. Oh well, their call, not ours.

They all chatted with Erikson and agreed they would play on. 

• Like 1

Why ever would the result matter in this situation? Why is it being talked about? If everybody is happy for it to go ahead there isn't any issue and neither team should feel any guilt in winning ffs

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Why on earth is it strange? It will be one of the most talked about moments in EC history. People will watch this, just like they watch the planes fly into the WTCs

Crikey. Relax.

Sorry chaps but this is daft, the players have to play this game now, or later - their player is ok - after a very shocking event - but they know this game has to happen, why not now? No point in dwelling on the event immediately, crack on, deal with it later. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Surely they should have just started the 2nd half as was just half time

Excuse my ignorance... have they carried on from the 42nd minute or whatever it was? Assume there won't be much of a half time break?

A lot of speculation around Eriksen, but I know from experience with heart problems myself that it may not have been a heart attack at all.

There are many other factors around the heart that could have caused a collapse like he had; I guess they will look into it and we will soon know. Hopefully it is something else and he can resume his career next season.

The good news is that Christian is ok; praying he now makes a full recovery.

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

Excuse my ignorance... have they carried on from the 42nd minute or whatever it was? Assume there won't be much of a half time break?

Yes, they are completing the first half (there was 5 mins to go including injury time), then taking a 5 min break and going into the second half. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MCU said:

They carried on from the 42nd minute and taking a 5 minute break before 2nd half. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MCU said:

yeah they played the 2 minutes and then half time

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why? Finland have done nothing wrong.  

Ok, not the whole world.

Finland did nothing wrong, but everyone's best wishes are with Eriksen, and I'm sure what would make him most happy is a Denmark win.

And I hope (like I'm sure many do) it happens.

Â