Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Holy shit, goal of the tournament right there, wow.

still think that goes to Arnautovic, because this one shouldn't have been a goal if we're being honest. one helluva strike though and capitalizing from Scotland's mistakes.

i struggle with long distance goals being goal of the season or tournament in general

its great vision and technique no mistake about it but if the keeper is 10 yards further back or even 5 he saves that, no need for him to take that starting position, its shit keeping

• Like 1

Was typing this just as Shick lined up that strike....for some who grew up watching those great Czech teams of late 90s/early 00s they aren't half a bang average international team nowadays. Odd top level players but Scotland probably got more of them.

Does @Czechlad still post on here?

The finish was brilliant but equal blame goes to Hendry for trying to shoot from 40 yards out then being ridiculously out of position when it was inevitably blocked. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

i struggle with long distance goals being goal of the season or tournament in general

its great vision and technique no mistake about it but if the keeper is 10 yards further back or even 5 he saves that, no need for him to take that starting position, its shit keeping

Reminds me of those ones Rooney and Xabi Alonso scored, great strikes but the keepers pretty much falling over as they ran back meant it wasn't as good as a few others down the years.

• Like 1

Â