Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

4 hours ago, sne said:

Any news on the supporter that fell from the stands during the game yesterday? Was supposedly in pretty bad shape.

See my post on previous page. Sounds like it was a Villa fan, and he is pretty badly injured.

Edited by NeilS
edit for page break
  • Like 1

that lyndon dykes fella was absolute shite for scotland. They could easily have won that. Robertson's shot was a wasted chance, but **** me, Dykes wouldn't get into a league one side

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

England should comfortably beat both Scotland and Czechia by 3 or 4 goals, which almost guarantees we’ll only scrape a 1-0 win and flatter to deceive again.

Yeah, in theory we should blow both teams away. It’s difficult to draw too many conclusions from the Croatia game as it was so hot, Mings said after the game it’s the hottest game he’s ever played.

With the temperature a bit lower we could really click into gear. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

TRO....I love your positivity much of the time but surely you  don't really believe this? Jack isn't a special teams player in NFL. He's a special player that needs saving by nobody. He just needs to play. Southgate nailed his colours to the mast in many ways yesterday. Great result, poor management. 

Football is about opinions, I don't agree with GS but he is the manager and his first game has gone his way....there is little room to criticise, when his boy, gets the goal and we win 1-0.

A win and a clean sheet, is not easy to get at this level, so any criticism will fall on deaf ears to any neutral fan....villa fans will naturally be disappointed, I am one....but I do believe Jack will get his chance.

I have to say, I am a Villa fan, way before i am an England fan, so if they don't want to use our jewel, Thats there look out.....we have only just got him back from his shin injury, and I desperately want Jack back for the start of the season.

We Villa fans, know what Jack can do, its not our job, to convince others, that on form, he is amongst the best.

If England don't use him, thats their look out.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, in theory we should blow both teams away. It’s difficult to draw too many conclusions from the Croatia game as it was so hot, Mings said after the game it’s the hottest game he’s ever played.

With the temperature a bit lower we could really click into gear. 

Or England could play football and keep the ball which tires the opposition in the heat

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Exactly  wish we had a bit more competition in the group stage as the media will be ecstatic about how good we are and then we meet France or Portugal without Grealish and get found out. 

England being drawn instead of France in that group would've been brilliant, three tough games (as Hungary away would've been tougher than the next two) so nicely battle scared for the knock outs which probably helped Portugal out last time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

that lyndon dykes fella was absolute shite for scotland. They could easily have won that. Robertson's shot was a wasted chance, but **** me, Dykes wouldn't get into a league one side

He's a regular for QPR.

Played his part in them qualifying but yeah should be more of a plan B/sub option.

Some of Scotlands decision making and positional play was iffy.

The Goalkeeper must be a czech agent.....piss poor decision.

Oh and you can't play through players, the czech blocking was good for them and poor from scotland.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow, sounds pretty awful. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

That's a shame Genie you can't brandish the incident in with your generalisation England fan narrative from earlier now!

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Did you not hear the hundreds or thousands booing the Croatian national anthem? How many other teams have you seen subject to that?

Did you not hear the hundreds or thousands booing the anti-racism ? How many other teams have you seen subject to that?

Did you not hear the hundreds or thousands booing the Croatian team having possession? How many other teams have you seen subject to that?

Did you see many other nations fans rolling around like the image above after a goal?

Have you heard about any other fans falling off stands?

Its not all the fans and I never said it was all of the fans. It’s also not a small pocket of bad ‘ens that’s all clubs have either.

I think the unfortunate Aston Villa fan who fell whilst attempting to attach his St George flag to scaffolding, could be an own goal, for you....it sounds like an unfortunate accident.

just remember, in any football crowd there is a plethora of opinions on things, its hard to tar everyone with the same brush.

ps I hope the unfortunate chap, gets well, soon.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wedge said:

That's a shame Genie you can't brandish the incident in with your generalisation England fan narrative from earlier now!

There’s a million pages of England fans behaving badly, if you think it’s cool then it’s on you. 
Trying to score points off a Villa fan getting seriously injured is pretty low.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s a million pages of England fans behaving badly, if you think it’s cool then it’s on you. 
Trying to score points off a Villa fan getting seriously injured is pretty low.

My goodness.

When have I said it's 'cool' honestly, I fully agree there are some despicable sections of England's (and every country/club's following) but your comments were generalising.

Don't you dare accuse me of that, earlier in this thread you were trying to use that incident of which you had no knowledge of to suit you 'all England fans are racist, drunken p***s' narrative insinuating that this guy had fallen because he was one - like the fans you mocked for falling over whilst celebrating Sterling's goal. Don't bother replying because you're winding me up you utter clearing in the woods.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep, as i said probably the weakest quality group so far. Think it could be a 2 team qualification from this. Think Croatia will win next 2 but not great either

I keep going on about it but its such a disappointment that the euros is now a 24 lobsided tournament. When it was a 16 team event the group stages hardly had any poor matches.

I know it must be good for the little nations such as North Macedonia,  Wales and Scotland to qualify but as there are about 50 odd countries in Europe you just have to be a bit above average to get through now.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

True, because a notch up from clapping in your seat is rolling around on the closed section of seating like a pair of fat pricks so pissed you can’t stand.

Yesterday was a great advert for many English football fans doing what they do best. 

There was also a report yesterday of an English fan falling from one of the stands onto concrete and had to be rushed to hospital.

Just putting this here because you seem to have a short memory Genie. How dare you say I'm 'trying to score points off a Villa fan getting injured' when you posted this before you knew the full story or indeed, any of the story, you absolute half-wit!

25 minutes ago, wedge said:

My goodness.

When have I said it's 'cool' honestly, I fully agree there are some despicable sections of England's (and every country/club's following) but your comments were generalising.

Don't you dare accuse me of that, earlier in this thread you were trying to use that incident of which you had no knowledge of to suit you 'all England fans are racist, drunken p***s' narrative insinuating that this guy had fallen because he was one - like the fans you mocked for falling over whilst celebrating Sterling's goal. Don't bother replying because you're winding me up you utter clearing in the woods.

23 minutes ago, wedge said:

Just putting this here because you seem to have a short memory Genie. How dare you say I'm 'trying to score points off a Villa fan getting injured' when you posted this before you knew the full story or indeed, any of the story, you absolute half-wit!

I think you need a lie down. Why do you keep restarting the discussion only to say don’t reply because you are losing your temper? You pulled up a post about a Villa fan who is seriously injured to “tell me so”. Maybe I was wrong to assume he was being silly, but you’ve no idea if he was or not either. Falling off a railings whilst the game is in progress doesn’t sound particularly sensible but we don’t know the facts, I just wish him a speedy recovery. Dragging it up to score a “win” is poor form.

There’s little point in discussing it further anyway because once again you’re pushing the line that I’m saying all England fans are racist etc. I think I’ve corrected you on that twice already yet you’re still running with it.

England has a lot of fans that repeatedly embarrass the country and have done following the team for many years. If you want to play it down as “everyone does a bit of this or that so it’s no big deal” then it’s up to you, I don’t care.

Edited by Genie

Â