Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

How often do you get all the things on the same day at the same game? 

This is the problem, English football fan culture.

You get a ticket, get hammered, behave like a word removed throughout, maybe a scrap if someone is up for it. It’s just what following England is about it seems. No big deal.

If you're seriously suggesting:

a) that every single English football fan has that mindset going to a game

or

b) That mentality is exclusive to English fans and English fans only

Then you, sir, are insane.

I'm all for giving people booing the knee a hard time, but if we're going to give fans stick for getting pissed and having a laugh at the football, what's even the point of going :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wedge said:

I've seen a few of your comments which are incredibly generalising and sneering. There's absolutely no doubt there are some England fans that behave disgracefully but the same can be said of every single nation/domestic club side in the world. You're tarring an entire nation's fanbase with the same brush, were you at Wembley yesterday then or just judging people that you've seen on TV (a couple out of 22,500)? Would you do that with any other nation's fanbase/population?

Have you ever been to a Villa away game when we've scored a late winner or something? I've ended up 2-3 rows in front of where my allocated seat was, does that make me a 'fat p*** so pissed I can't stand?' I'd rather see everyone going mental after a goal is scored than a reaction similar to if Andy Murray has just won a point at Wimbledon to be honest but maybe that's just me!

Do you know the reason why the fan fell from the stands or are you just guessing and trying to align it to your previous comments? Would seem a bit silly to do that, it's highly possible someone had an adverse reaction to the heat or something etc? I genuinely haven't read into it so have no idea hence why I'm asking.

i'm convinced bones were broken at sheff wed during our 10 game winning run. utter carnage.

the fact that for many this will be the first game of football they've seen live in well over a year will have added to the emotion. everyone that booed the knee is a clearing in the woods...but i've got no problem with a couple of pissheads celebrating a goal. did they hurt anyone? did they abuse anyone? totally harmless...seeing so many with their phones out at fanparks etc it's actually refreshing to just see people just enjoying the moment

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wedge said:

If you're seriously suggesting:

a) that every single English football fan has that mindset going to a game

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s not all the fans and I never said it was all of the fans.

If you’re not going to read the posts there’s no point in a discussion.

From reading some of the replies in this thread it’s immediately clear why so many can’t see anything wrong with what goes on at a lot of England games.

Its not about having a few beers and enjoying the game with your mates, it’s something more. 

Edited by Genie

Did they always announce the national anthems? I think I remember them being just played with no introduction or announcement. I think announcing an anthem encourages a boo. It's almost a reflex, before you know what you're actually doing. 

Here is the Czech Republic singing a song.

What? We are playing against the Czech Republic! They are our enemies. Booooooooo! Oh hold on

I’m not sure what result i want from this Scotland game. Maybe if they lose or draw it puts more on the England game on Friday.

If they win then both teams probably happy with a draw on Friday

I'd like us and Scotland to get out of the group. Croatia have caused me much more disappointment from football than Scotland ever have.

I have no great desire for them to win it, but I'd love McGinn to have a good tournament.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I was disappointed for Jack, but it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise, saving him for the big games

TRO....I love your positivity much of the time but surely you  don't really believe this? Jack isn't a special teams player in NFL. He's a special player that needs saving by nobody. He just needs to play. Southgate nailed his colours to the mast in many ways yesterday. Great result, poor management. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

England will beat Scotland comfortably.

Think Scotland have enough about them to get 4 points off Czechs and Croatia although no Tierney is a big blow, one less top level player in their line up.

dont know about that, it'll be a shut up shop job with a lot of pressing in the middle and i would guess a bit of shithousery especially seeing as the refs are letting it happen

kill the game and make england do something, it'll be a 0-0 or 1-0, especially if they win today 

Â