Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

England will take maximum points from the group with relative ease, we'll all get excited then we'll lose in round 2 against the first good team we face.

I wonder if Gareth will throw the 3rd group game again as it might unlock the easier side of the draw?

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if Gareth will throw the 3rd group game again as it might unlock the easier side of the draw?

Probably knowing the coward that he is, although he definitely shouldn't.

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’ll have a tough time when half the bench is better than the starting line up 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My theory with Waistcoat Nonce and Grealish is that he genuinely thought he needed to play in the PL to be involved. But there was so much clamour from the media that he resisted to show he's in charge. 

He calls him up, gives him minutes here and there in meaningless games to shut everyone up, then yesterday he doesn't play him and wins, again to shut everyone up. 

I fully expect him to play 90 when we've already qualified, be MOTM and not play another minute in our 2nd round loss, with Sterling, Rashford and Foden playing significantly 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Better not, I’ve got a ticket!  At least Jack might start.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That’s the sad reality, if Gareth is in a position where he’s already out of the group and losing gets the easier draw then he might play Jack if he sees him as a fringe player 😢

Then it’s up to Jack to keep the shirt for the knockout game

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s the sad reality, if Gareth is in a position where he’s already out of the group and losing gets the easier draw then he might play Jack if he sees him as a fringe player 😢

Then it’s up to Jack to keep the shirt for the knockout game

Even if he scores a hat trick he'll be out for Sterling in the knockouts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

My theory with Waistcoat Nonce and Grealish is that he genuinely thought he needed to play in the PL to be involved. But there was so much clamour from the media that he resisted to show he's in charge. 

I agree I think he did want that with Jack, but then he said yesterday that Phillips would be in the squad if it had been last summer, which is a complete contradiction in what he said over Jack.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I agree I think he did want that with Jack, but then he said yesterday that Phillips would be in the squad if it had been last summer, which is a complete contradiction in what he said over Jack.

Oh yeah. I think the guy is a massive bellend melt who says shite. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Lucky you! I had 4 tickets for the Scotland game (purchased 2 years back) but missed out in the ballot when they announced the attendance restrictions. 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

England will take maximum points from the group with relative ease, we'll all get excited then we'll lose in round 2 against the first good team we face.

Yes. But I think and hope that this time Southgate is finally sensible enough to use the only player we have who does something different to everyone else.

At the very least, he'll have such a reputation that France or Portugal will put 2 or 3 players on him, leaving space elsewhere.

Southgate has to see this.

Â