Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

53 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Kane

Sancho    Grealish    Foden 

Rice    Mount 

Thats the midfield and attack I'd go for against Czech Republic. Sancho and Grealish interchanging would be a nightmare for any opposition. 

Rice sitting as the solitary hodling MF with Mount linking the play. Kane would be far more effective with some actual supply.

In General, i really rate Declan Rice.......but he is playing without conviction, right now.

his form  has been below par in the last few games.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

In General, i really rate Declan Rice.......but he is playing without conviction, right now.

his form  has been below par in the last few games.

I don't... 

I think he's a better Nakamba, good at breaking up play, good in tackling and heading, intercepting etc good when the opposition has the ball but when we have the ball he's nothing special, doesn't show enough or want the ball enough for me 

Be interesting if Southgate can learn from this.

Yes England are OK, four points is good.

We must change it for the next game though. The opposition last night weren't worried about playing Gilmour and England should play Bellingham with Phillips.

Sterling has been poor for most of the season yet gets a pass for England, it's just not fair. Sterling is greedy and not really that good anymore. Grealish showed more in twenty minutes than Sterling did in the whole match; Grealish won three fouls, an opponent was booked for a foul on him and he made some good runs with the ball.

Grealish and Foden out wide.

Pity Watkins can't come in for Kane as he looks like his half-fit or carrying a niggle.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Really poor last night. It’s exactly why we all feared under Southgate. 

The best attacking squad we’ve had in my living memory, made to play like a lower league team playing an away tie at old Trafford in the FA Cup. 

There is no excuse for playing a double pivot for the entire game against Scotland when you want a goal. They’re not France. 

Southgate is such a scared manager and it’s ruining us. 

Grealish must play. And Kane must be dropped. He’s either injured or he’s mentally not on it. He’s been awful. 

The manager is picking his favourites and we’ll go out against the first half decent side we face. As usual. 

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Really poor last night. It’s exactly why we all feared under Southgate. 

The best attacking squad we’ve had in my living memory, made to play like a lower league team playing an away tie at old Trafford in the FA Cup. 

There is no excuse for playing a double pivot for the entire game against Scotland when you want a goal. They’re not France. 

Southgate is such a scared manager and it’s ruining us. 

Grealish must play. And Kane must be dropped. He’s either injured or he’s mentally not on it. He’s been awful. 

The manager is picking his favourites and we’ll go out against the first half decent side we face. As usual. 

We will see what a knobber he is when we play Czech. We should play free football with than nothing to lose, full on attacking team. If it's defensive again, we may aswell give up on him.

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Rice sitting as the solitary hodling MF with Mount linking the play. Kane would be far more effective with some actual supply.

Supply isn't Kane's issue. This is an argument for Lewandowski playing for Poland and its visibly obvious when you watch them.

This isn't what's happening here, on current form I'd take any English striker in the top 2 tiers of football. He's that poor.

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

God Save the Queen (apart from being crap) is the UK anthem, not England's. They should find something else. 

Jerusalem should be our national anthem.

4 hours ago, Wurzel said:

We are now getting from the media that England fans are "over reacting" to that display. (Ref. Talksport ). They seem to think that because we scraped through the groups in 1990 and went onto the semi-final of the WC there is no problem. I would counter how come the likes of Italy, Portugal etc, don't have to rely on scraping through groups in football. We were told that you need to know how to deal with tournament football, so they put all their efforts in the kids over the last 10 years and they have won tournaments. These players are not inexperienced at this format. So when are we going to get a national side that actually turns up ready to play?

startingslowly.jpg

• Like 1

Grealish should have been in the setup 2 years ago, not necessarily in the starting 11 straight away but he should have been integrated into the squad along with Foden as a player we could build around for thís tournament. Once he **** around not picking him i knew all hope was lost with this clown. Lets not forget if it werent for covid Grealish would have been going into the euros off being in one england camp and might not have got picked in the squad at all. 

Italy's been sleepwalking through the group stages since the dawn of time. Seem to be all hands on deck this time thou which is fun.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Italy's been sleepwalking through the group stages since the dawn of time. Seem to be all on deck this time thou which is fun.

Yeah, it's just not a good talking point. There are many, many reasons to be critical of last night's performance, and skeptical of England's chances, but 'Portugal and Italy always breeze through the groups!' is not one of them.

I have a bad feeling we’ll switch to 3 at the back against Czechia to flood the midfield (although GS would still play two holding midfielders so a futile exercise!) 

that system wouldn’t suit Jack at all and wouldn’t solve our current on field issues. 

This England side look set up to simultaneously play on the counter attack and control the ball on the half way line with 6 defenders, it’s mind blowing. Southgate showed his hand with the Rashford replacing Kane comment - “we wanted runners in behind” - runners where? We weren’t even tempting Scotland to come at us and commit numbers, not to mention it’s not a good tactic against a 5 man defence.

Â