Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Southgate harping on about experience being needed all the time. Translates to playing his favourites who play for United/City/Chelsea. 

Like he's pretty much said Sancho hasn't been playing because it's his first 'big tournament'. 

Confirms he's the same as every other England manager 

Would rather play someone out of form because they have more caps 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

This. It's so obvious.That front 6,  with the middle 3 switching places behind an in form striker would be electrifying.

Watkins instead of Kane and playing a high tempo high press, we'd give anyone in this tournament a game, and smash the minnows.

I'd drop Kane for anyone else up front. He looks totally bereft of any interest in playing football right now.

It wouldn't be electrifying though. They would still be playing in a Southgate system.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A lot of talk about personnel the last few days but I don’t think it matters who we put in. This is down to lack of ideas, no patterns of play,  no style just stick a group of decent players together and see what they can do. A manager who’s primary concern is to not lose rather than win. Southgate is a non Geordie Steve Bruce and I find it hard to believe he’d get anywhere near a PL team as a manager. 

Without doubt this is a squad oozing with talent talks of personnel are basically irrelevant because you should be able to pick any eleven and they’d give most teams a good game. However the least talented member of the squad is arguably the most important. Gareth Southgate a nice bloke, the media man, says the right things but would struggle to get a team in the Playoffs in the Championship. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

A lot of talk about personnel the last few days but I don’t think it matters who we put in. This is down to lack of ideas, no patterns of play,  no style just stick a group of decent players together and see what they can do. A manager who’s primary concern is to not lose rather than win. Southgate is a non Geordie Steve Bruce and I find it hard to believe he’d get anywhere near a PL team as a manager. 

Without doubt this is a squad oozing with talent talks of personnel are basically irrelevant because you should be able to pick any eleven and they’d give most teams a good game. However the least talented member of the squad is arguably the most important. Gareth Southgate a nice bloke, the media man, says the right things but would struggle to get a team in the Playoffs in the Championship. 

......... and we have Neville chirping on about how Southgate is Englands greatest asset, a tiny snap shot into how generally crap the media and the pundits really, shocking.

9 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Southgate harping on about experience being needed all the time. Translates to playing his favourites who play for United/City/Chelsea. 

Like he's pretty much said Sancho hasn't been playing because it's his first 'big tournament'. 

Southgate has no experience of even being in a squad for a tournament when he started for England in 96.

31 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

......... and we have Neville chirping on about how Southgate is Englands greatest asset, a tiny snap shot into how generally crap the media and the pundits really, shocking.

The problem is they went all in on how Southgate “got everything right” in the amazing 1-0 opening game win.

Now they either have to double down or look silly.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maguire will play ahead of Mings in the last group game. Then will just keep his place for any remaining fixtures because Southgate doesn’t give a shit about player form.

I’m not sure, Maguire apparently declared himself fit for the last game then Southgate didn’t even put him in the squad. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure, Maguire apparently declared himself fit for the last game then Southgate didn’t even put him in the squad. 

He was in the squad. He was on the bench.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He was in the squad. He was on the bench.

Fair enough, I thought I checked at the time and he wasn’t there but I must have missed him.

I still don’t think he’ll drop Mings, unless he really does hate his job.

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

Throughout the league season his great assist tally was mostly attributed to his almost telepathic connection with Son. He’d play balls without looking knowing Son would be making that run. Not that surprising it’s not working for him in regards to the national team IMO.

He made plenty of assists to Bale + Moura too. The fact is he’s an excellent passer of the ball.

It’s tragic that Southgate can’t get our one world class player performing. The team should be built around getting him to score. Not subbing him at 75 minutes for a player who plays LW “because we need more runs in behind” (against a team sitting that deep?).

The outcry to play DCL is just weird. He’s such an average footballer. He’s good in the air and scored a few at the start of the season, but Christ. He’s hardly any more mobile than this version of Kane.

14 hours ago, Genie said:

I think I’ve figured out what’s wrong with Kane

E5-D07-B63-9-D28-446-F-8-BA5-B0591-A3-E2

I wonder what would have happened if she'd made the offer when Rooney was playing? 

On 19/06/2021 at 11:04, SuperTed said:

When Reece James passed it to Mings and then Mings passed it to Stones and then passed to Rice and Rice passed to Stones and then passed to James, I won’t lie, that was effing quality 

James passes to Mings, Mings passes to Stones, Stones to Rice, Rice back to Stones, back to James. James holds it, holds it! HOLDS IT!

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

James passes to Mings, Mings passes to Stones, Stones to Rice, Rice back to Stones, back to James. James holds it, holds it! HOLDS IT!

11 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Looked a bad decision at the time but the decision not to include Ollie Watkins in the squad looks even worse now.

These decisions are all coming home to roost now.

Could have left Maguire and Henderson out and taken Watkins and JWP.

Should be playing Grealish from the start, dropping Sterling. Don’t Need 2 holding midfielders. Kane dropping too deep and being ineffective. Defensive and lacking ideas going forward.
ALL the things that we feared before the tournament happening before our eyes.

• Like 2

Â