Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Thought he had a good first half last night and was a big reason behind our tempo and control of the game. That being said, he messed up the clearest chance to create a goalscoring opportunity when he overhit a pass to Cash, lot of effort from him but it's still just not quite where we want him to be. Second half he was struggling after kicking Idah's studs, but still put in a shift defensively and tracked back really well. Really hope it all clicks for him soon.

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

Strange that people think he wasn’t any good, he was dispossessed twice and one of those times Norwich had 3 players onto him. Exquisite passer of the ball and he has great footwork when in control too

Yes he kept the tempo up and was at heart of those quick triangle passes

He was playing with a very injured foot for a while before he came off. Up to the point where he kicked the bottom of someone elses boot he was everywhere. 

Unlucky again that a couple of players weren't on his wavelength, and had a couple of poor touches across a game where he had hundreds. Hope he's not out for too long but that foot is going to be so bruised for at least a week and probably 2.

Thought he had an excellent first half. In the heart of every positive attacking move we were making. Worked hard and pressed well throughout the game. He's central in keeping the pace up while we're in possession. Constantly moving to recive passes or making runs in the final third as  well. It's obvious that he's becoming more on  wavelength with the rest of the team. But still not there yet.

Poor second half like the the rest of the team, we droppe in performance while Norwhich improved. Was playing with an injured foot for a while before being taken off. My impression is that he's improving every game. I don't get the criticism he's receiving.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I was a bit harsh last night, I admit. It's just frustration at the sloppiness of the 2nd half.

It has its pluses though, great progress, a win and a 2nd half performance stick to beat them with at BMH, we will be better against Burnley.

• Like 1

After the Liverpool game loads of post on here on how we need him to start since we created absolutely nothing that game.   If Buendia misses the Burnley match then get ready for an aggressively dull affair. He is currently our only creative fulcrum in the team. 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

After the Liverpool game loads of post on here on how we need him to start since we created absolutely nothing that game.   If Buendia misses the Burnley match then get ready for an aggressively dull affair. He is currently our only creative fulcrum in the team. 

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. 

Name him?  Luiz does great work from deep.  McGinn same as Douglas but a bit closer to goal. High for assist in a PL season is 5. So a little but not much. 

What player am I missing? If Steven has to name the Liverpool lineup then bet the 0-0. 

14 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Name him?  Luiz does great work from deep.  McGinn same as Douglas but a bit closer to goal. High for assist in a PL season is 5. So a little but not much. 

What player am I missing? If Steven has to name the Liverpool lineup then bet the 0-0. 

Liverpool was poor because our attacking players behind the striker were in for more of their defensive work. 

What great chances has Buendia created these last few games? Mcginn has created some great chances. Carney got an assist yesterday. Watkins and Ings are capable of creating chances. 

McGinn, Luiz, Ings and El Ghazi, Young, and Bailey all have more or the same amount of assists as Buendia this season, with the exception of Luiz and Young, they've all scored more than him as well, as have a few others like Konsa, Archer, and Ramsey. Buendia is improving and he had a good game last night, but I don't think it's true to say we have no creativity without him.

• Like 1

Norwich were awful last night. We won’t play against a weaker midfield all season. Let’s put a bit of perspective on what he was was up against. He was at best average, fans suggesting he was very good really must set their level low. This guy cost £38m, doesn’t look any better than Carlos Gil from what I’ve seen so far. In fact Gil had a much better start than Emi.

Edited by WHY
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

Norwich fans seem to think he had a good game tbf. I think our fans are looking at him with Grealish standards in mind, which is a little unrealistic given their respective price tags. 

I think I'm guilty of doing this yes.

He had some good moments last night.

That boot on the studs looked very sore.

Â