Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Stop being so dramatic and defensive, you easily could have also asked me, how often I interact with all our players, which I said " I like ".

Unless we can only comment on players when we've met them in person now?

Next time just lie blatantly like Man City fans do from a well know source who happens to play golf with so and so’s uncle………..  but yes from the outside looking in all the players look like a great bunch, and then there was Ross despite his early form never quite looked like part of the squad/family.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just my personal feelings and observations about his " character ".

Obviously, my feelings could be nonsense.

I just never got great vibes from him, and I like ALL our players as lads, even the ones which aren't so good on the pitch.

I had a feeling he might have been disrupting the harmony of the dressing room.

You scared me... I thought you're talking about Buendia 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Was the link legit to begin with? 

🤷‍♂️
Only an initial enquiry (no bid) was reported, it could have happened as we most likely have a list of targets we were working through and checking on.

Honestly, I don’t know what to believe. I can’t tell what is and isn’t credible these days but the speculation is fun at least…

I have a feeling we won’t be signing too many but will grasp opportunities to significantly upgrade the first team, should they arise… star signings such as Buendia.

I just get the impression that Dean has a lot of loyalty and faith in existing players so they will get a chance to improve e.g. BT, I don’t think he will be replaced in the team so soon, but I wouldn’t rule out competition for places either…

• Like 1

Was watching Buendias interview and he sounds like a real nice person.

Sound really humble and respectful of his move to Villa.

Point blank he's looking like he's going to be a very likeable character in and around the team.

Are Buendia and Martinez the clubs first Argentinian players Edit/ I didn't know we had an Argentine play for us before in https://www.transfermarkt.com/gustavo-bartelt/profil/spieler/55907

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Was watching Buendias interview and he sounds like a real nice person.

Sound really humble and respectful of his move to Villa.

Point blank he's looking like he's going to be a very likeable character in and around the team.

Are Buendia and Martinez the clubs first Argentinian players Edit/ I didn't know we had an Argentine play for us before in https://www.transfermarkt.com/gustavo-bartelt/profil/spieler/55907

Hmmmm.  I'm not sure Gustavo Bartelt counts at all. 

Was he actually a footballer or a figment of my imagination? 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Hmmmm.  I'm not sure Gustavo Bartelt counts at all. 

Was he actually a footballer or a figment of my imagination? 

Oscar Arse?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

didn't he play with Barrie Hole and Jimmy Brown?

Yes, and Perry Neyem often recalls those two dribbling past him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

and Nicky Butt

And Neil Cox is almost getting into that team too. 

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

And Neil Cox is almost getting into that team too. 

Known for his skillful penetration.

Edited by AJ
Incorect Speling

He seems like a classy fella. i really like it when we sign players that thank the club they’re leaving. That’s the sort of character I want here. I don’t really remember any of our former players thanking Villa but I’m sure there must have been one…

On 10/06/2021 at 21:52, stewiek2 said:

I think there'll be a hell of alot of work in preseason on Traore's defensive work and pressing, tracking back.

I can see it now; Smith will put an arm around him, point at Emi 2.0 and say "just do that".

Â