Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

A lot of those passes were in the PL. In fact, he ranked 3rd in the league in through balls that season.

The thing I like about that video is that it had clips from 3 different leagues and levels and it looks like he handled the steps up in his stride each time. A sign of quality. 

That's fair enough. My point is just that if you remove the other ones, that video won't be as impressive.

45 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Haha, yeah - shame that some of our fanbase don't seem to remember that. 

Me? I'll never forget the relegation season. It is permanently etched into my brain as a reminder of what shit can be like. 

Absolutely. 

I think the whole experience humbled a lot of our fanbase. Unfortunately, as has been shown over the last two seasons, we seem to still have a very entitled attitude in some sections of our support. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'll never forget the relegation season. It is permanently etched into my brain as a reminder of what shit can be like. 

Stating the obvious really. I don't think it can be forgotten by anyone.

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fair enough. My point is just that if you remove the other ones, that video won't be as impressive.

Fair points about the standard but the Championship can be a tough league. I actually think it’s tougher than the French League but I know many will not agree with me on that. 

I agree some of those passes would be cut out by better defenders but he does seem to have great vision and weight of pass. With both feet too. 

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like our main tactic this year will be...

Step 1. Give the ball to Buendia
Step 2. Watkins, RUN!!!!
Step 3. Buendia finds Watkins. 

In addition to the below tactic we adopted this season.

Step 1. Give the ball to Jack
Step 2. Watkins, RUN!!!!
Step 3. Jack finds Watkins. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair points about the standard but the Championship can be a tough league. I actually think it’s tougher than the French League but I know many will not agree with me on that. 

I agree some of those passes would be cut out by better defenders but he does seem to have great vision and weight of pass. With both feet too. 

But for some of them he seems to wait until the defender has just changed direction from where he's playing it, or would have to change direction to get to where he's playing it.  His timing and weight is also spot on.

It's a real skill and his through-ball threading ability is up there with with best in the business (refer Moto's post below for what I mean by that)

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

A lot of those passes were in the PL. In fact, he ranked 3rd in the league in through balls that season.

The thing I like about that video is that it had clips from 3 different leagues and levels and it looks like he handled the steps up in his stride each time. A sign of quality. 

He ranked first. The only player in the last 2 seasons to complete more through balls on the premier league than emi buendia is De bruyne. With 19 compared to Buendias12.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I’m suprised how good he looked at Getafe and that Norwich managed to sign him in the first place. 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m suprised how good he looked at Getafe and that Norwich managed to sign him in the first place. 

i was reading that Leeds had first dibs on Buendia at Getafe and didnt take him.

Thanks the lord they didnt!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Conpletely agree on both accounts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Nice words to NCFC! 

If he missed the fans at Carrow Road, I can't wait to see his reaction when he first walks out to a packed Villa Park. Goose bumps. 

Yep, he’s gonna be a fan favourite…

We have a few of those now don’t we? 😉

Just now, villan-scott said:

Only joking mate 😆 

Just a poor attempt at banter around your sharing and speed of sharing from Twitter. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ivh5wipfq851v7rrpv

It’s ok.

From one side some seem annoyed at my sharing of tweets, from the other there is annoyance at gifs…

🤷‍♂️ 

Just excited, especially with this signing…

• Like 4

Â