Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Him and Pukki had a real understanding. I don't know how much of that was learned or how much was innate, but I'm convinced Watkins will thrive off Buendia's service and has way more to his game than Pukki does. Let's hope they click quickly.

Whatever happens, with thicker VAR lines, and a bit of luck on the goal frame, Watkins should really be getting 20 goals next year.

• Like 2

Disappointing that he didn't make the Copa America squad. Not quite sure why he was called up to the provisional squad if they weren't going to have a look at him in a game, even that Brighton squad player who hasn't done anything of note (Mac Allister) has won a couple of caps for them so it's not like Argentina is a super strong squad these days. 

Hopefully he gets called up again next time and the manager actually bothers to use him.

With Martinez already a full international, Argentinian management will be watching Villa next season.

If Buendia performs he'll be a regular for the national team.

I'd imaging he still has some improvements to make and watching the progress of Konsa, Cash etc will surely help him become a better player.

Maybe the tenacity of Buendia and his forward play will take the pressure off the other midfielders too?

I'm really excited to see Villa play next season, UTV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Him and Pukki had a real understanding. I don't know how much of that was learned or how much was innate, but I'm convinced Watkins will thrive off Buendia's service and has way more to his game than Pukki does. Let's hope they click quickly.

Whatever happens, with thicker VAR lines, and a bit of luck on the goal frame, Watkins should really be getting 20 goals next year.

Watkins could be a potential golden boot with Buendia through balls. Watkins scored 12? While hitting the post or bar 7 times?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are we getting too excited? 

Based on 1 new signing--yes, we are.

However, I think it's more the hope that this now sets the standard for further additions to be of this quality. Another 2/3 signings of Buendia quality in other areas of the pitch is very exciting.

Not many single signings mean as much as this one. We were all agreed that the team needed someone up there with Jack to either stand in for Jack or to work with Jack to not only double the threat but basically quadruple it given the space these two will leave for others, let alone how much better these two will make others better. This signing does that, it improves our threat 3 or 4 fold yet it is just one player we've added. Mahoooooosive signing, pivotal in our future. 

Â