Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It has to be the aim. Im sure Jack, Deano, NSWE, Purslow have all pitched the target this season has to be Europe. I think they all believe a tilt on top 4 is secretly the aim without coming out and saying as much. Jack is once in a lifetime, his ambitions are clearly CL football sooner rather than later. Imagine we do it. The squad is beefing up now. Keep Jack fit, and it could very well be possible.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

According to Fbref he was 3rd that season behind Mahrez and De Bruyne. Unless I'm misunderstanding what TB means here? Or maybe these are just attempted stats.

RuNfpdO.png

Everywhere else I have seen Buendia did 12 TBs. And a couple of analysis videos said De Bruyne completed only 19 the last 2 seasons.

Which also seems low. But I guess TBs have to be in behind the defence. Which are relatively rare. 

56 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's certainly not to be underestimated. look at mccormack, and what effect that must have had on the team. it's obviously a major factor in our scouting.

i reckon that's the real reason we didn't sign rachica. good player but i bet he's a knobhead 😉

I've lost count of the number of bad eggs we had playing for us during our downfall. Good to see we're targeting good personalities now.

• Like 4

Great interview on the villa website. He seems really excited for the move. (And I love that Emi Mk1 **** Arsenal over).

One thing in the interview that made me laugh... he comments on playing at Villa Park for Norwich when in the Premier League, mentions the amazing atmosphere.

I was at that game. Boxing Day. I'd go as far as saying our worst performance of the season, the crowd were as flat as the players and although we won, I was resigned to us getting relegated after that game. It was THAT bad.

So, imagine how he'll feel at an engaged Villa Park!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Great interview on the villa website. He seems really excited for the move. (And I love that Emi Mk1 **** Arsenal over).

One thing in the interview that made me laugh... he comments on playing at Villa Park for Norwich when in the Premier League, mentions the amazing atmosphere.

I was at that game. Boxing Day. I'd go as far as saying our worst performance of the season, the crowd were as flat as the players and although we won, I was resigned to us getting relegated after that game. It was THAT bad.

He probably just remembers the roof coming off when Conor scored. Those sort of moments stick with you as an opposing player. They couldnt believe we won that game 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He also played there when Norwich won the Championship title on the final day. It was a great atmosphere to be fair. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I've lost count of the number of bad eggs we had playing for us during our downfall. Good to see we're targeting good personalities now.

I genuinely feel Barkley probably didn't " Fit in " where this area is concerned as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

They should have put 3 or 4 past us that day. They were actually quite good! 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/Buend-a-hails-amazing-Villa-move/

“I’m excited to start a new season with the club. He (Dean Smith) told me about the objectives of the club, how he wants the team to play and that was one of the things that convinced me to choose Aston Villa.

“I like the style, the project and the ambition of the club to make very good things this season and in the future. I’m really happy to have this chance this year.”

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Why?

Just my personal feelings and observations about his " character ".

Obviously, my feelings could be nonsense.

I just never got great vibes from him, and I like ALL our players as lads, even the ones which aren't so good on the pitch.

I had a feeling he might have been disrupting the harmony of the dressing room.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Our " project selling ", subtle " arrogance " and relative coups for our perceived stature, are giving me vibes of a conservative and more classy Man City nucleus project when they first got taken over.

EDIT: Probably should have said confidence, instead of " subtle arrogance ".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Our " project selling ", subtle " arrogance " and relative coups for our perceived stature, are giving me vibes of a conservative and more classy Man City nucleus project when they first got taken over.

EDIT: Probably should have said confidence, instead of " subtle arrogance ".

We’re clearly very ambitious but not revealing too much to those outside of the club… it’s a sensible approach as is everything to do with the way we have been run recently…feels so good to be a fan at this time…we suffered long enough for a club of our size, let the good times roll! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just never got great vibes from him, and I like ALL our players as lads, even the ones which aren't so good on the pitch.

Fair one. How many times do you interact with him, out of interest?

Full also on the inside stadium channel. Lets keep this channel on the down low it seems to be run by a heroic person at the club but may not be official :)

p.s. this is yet another case where one of our players talks about the clubs ambition and its plans with excitement. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I want to learn Mongolian. So I can communicate with the Arsenal fans on twatter

To sophisticated for them Mongolian is, try Borat instead.

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fair one. How many times do you interact with him, out of interest?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Stop being so dramatic and defensive, you easily could have also asked me, how often I interact with all our players, which I said " I like ".

Unless we can only comment on players when we've met them in person now?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â