Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

I think there’s something wrong with me, I’m trying to like it but I think this kit is a little bit boring. It’s certainly fine and probably kappas best shirt for us. Other than the little flash of blue on the sleeves it’s a bit meh. I like the design but wish it had a bit more colour flashes here and there other than white/claret. It’s confirmed to me that I’m not much of a fan of mono badges outside of the Luke 3rd kit. Maybe it will grow on me perhaps. 

6 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Was that with 32Red? Similar design but it was blue stripes iirc. The Acorns aways were Nike's best work imo.

Yeh I think so. The away was nice but I remember I bought a small and also had Young on the back. I probably wore it once. 

I don't mind us coming back to a white kit with pinstripes every 5 years or so to honour the European Cup win. All 3 of the kits we've done in the last 15 years with that design have been lovely. It's a classic design and it means a lot to the club. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I always thought the kids shirts didn't have the sponsor on them, though it turns out they do for this kit. Maybe it 'cos we're usually sponsored by gambling companies. 

Yeah, if the sponsor is anything that can't be sold to kids - booze (is that still allowed?) or gambling - then those kits don't have the logo.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah, if the sponsor is anything that can't be sold to kids - booze (is that still allowed?) or gambling - then those kits don't have the logo.

If you could replace CAZOO with acorns that would be my favourite away kit in a long long time. Well it already is but I just don't like the CAZOO logo. I guess it's much less offensive than logos we've had recently though and at least we have the option to change the font colour 

• Like 1

Just nipped into the shop and picked up the new away shirt.  Very nice!  

My shrek frame isn’t ideal for the modern shirts so it highlights my ageing bulging flaws dramatically but that’s my fault not the shirt and I like the link to 82 season.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Rodders said:

at least the main sponsor isn't a betting company, think I will actually buy a kit for the first time in donkey's years

I stopped buying kits when they started having betting logos on them, as I didnt want to be walking around advertising something I despise.

In all the years where I didnt buy a kit, the prices had slowly crept up without me realising 

I was going to buy last years Cazoo kit, as it was the first time for a very long time it wasnt a gambling sponsor... until I saw the price had more than doubled since I last bought a kit so didn't bother .. ~£60 - just cant justify paying that for a Tshirt with some logos on it that will be out of date in 12 months time

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I stopped buying kits when they started having betting logos on them, as I didnt want to be walking around advertising something I despise.

In all the years where I didnt buy a kit, the prices had slowly crept up without me realising 

I was going to buy last years Cazoo kit, as it was the first time for a very long time it wasnt a gambling sponsor... until I saw the price had more than doubled since I last bought a kit so didn't bother .. ~£60 - just cant justify paying that for a Tshirt with some logos on it that will be out of date in 12 months time

That's fair enough. To be honest I'd have no intention of buying another shirt for another ten years anyway so I'll view it as 6 quid a year ;) but it is not cheap.