Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

17 hours ago, 479Villan said:

No it wasn’t. The standard home badge stuck out like a sore thumb. Fabric quality was worse. Logos washed off after a few washings. 

It's the badge, it's meant to stick out.  Washing them out just to match the kit colour-way looks like cheap Sunday league fare and there's nowt that'll ever convince otherwise.  Can't say I particularly remember the exacting comparative fabric qualities but I've never had problems with logos coming off; that said I am the unofficial spokesman for the wash-all-kits-inside-out-at-20-degrees association (we meet every second Tuesday, bring your own Napisan).

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We were in the studio yesterday, filming our reviews of the new PL kits.

I'd managed to get a player version of the Villa home shirt and, as much as I was very unsure from the images, it's an absolute belter.

From an athletic performance standpoint, it's superb. There's a structure to the back of the fabric so it won't stick to the body so easily, it's really well made, the club crest is glorious, there are quite a few different materials and the claret shades all match.

It's a really good quality product for elite athletes.

We'll be giving the shirt away on Twitter when we release the video too 😉

So you’ve seen the third kit too?

4 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

So you’ve seen the third kit too?

Nope. Was just working with a selection of what was currently available instore.  Managed to compare the pro and fan versions of Nike and Adidas shirts, got the Everton, Newcastle and Leeds shirts too.

The Leeds shirt is the same fabric as the Man Utd replica.  I'd be embarrassed giving that to an athlete and asking them to play in it.  The fabric is **** horrible and it's really heavy too.  The Adidas pro shirts are beautiful, but Leeds fans were sold the dream that they were going to be a Tier 1 club when there was absolutely no chance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd managed to get a player version of the Villa home shirt and, as much as I was very unsure from the images, it's an absolute belter.

From an athletic performance standpoint, it's superb. There's a structure to the back of the fabric so it won't stick to the body so easily, it's really well made, the club crest is glorious, there are quite a few different materials and the claret shades all match.

Really looking forward to this video coming out!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886gytvvhdn61ggrl6w5d

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

What’s the Twitter @ NV ?

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be fair i've not seen the shorts, only the shirt. From what i've seen, yes it looks very nice indeed.

This is inevitably going to come off as prying although I’m not trying to do so. Is it a regular badge?

14 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

What is your Twitter mate? Love reading your posts as a football shirt collector I’d like to give you a follow!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

This is inevitably going to come off as prying although I’m not trying to do so. Is it a regular badge?

Two tone, bit like the away kit.

2 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

I’m guessing it’s nothing to get excited about given your description mate?

For a 3rd kit it's very nice.

• Like 2