Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

spacer.png

Cant believe that we are going to be seen winning the Premiership, FA Cup, and League Cup in this top! 🤢🤮

If my mum was still about she'd be telling them to go back inside and put something decent on! 

Horrendous. This season will cover 40 years since both the last league win and the European Cup win - was really hoping we'd mark the occasion and go retro.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

to me it just screams we charge them £70 every season for a claret body with blue sleeves, try and make it different...and they've tried too hard

too much detailing on there both in terms of the shades of claret and the lines which arent needed and the shoulders which look shit

away shirt and third shirt will normally look better because they have more freedom

Yes corporate people with no design skills or knowledge asking for tweaks until it looks shit, but they sign off on it, because they’ve had their input on it. 

I bet the designers original concept was lovely 

5 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Horrendous. This season will cover 40 years since both the last league win and the European Cup win - was really hoping we'd mark the occasion and go retro.

We haven’t seen the away yet…

• Like 1

Honestly, the lad wearing it is clearly not 'athletic'. Not around the shoulder area at least, nor the waist. No offence to him, but that shirt is also a size too small for him. 

I predict it'll look decent on a footballer. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Quality as always pal.

What do you think of the leaked new strip?

It's not a very flattering pic, put that on Jack it it's a different look, it's one that would look better mocked up as above, wouldn't mind seeing that if doable and time permits. 

Rough approximation...

spacer.png 

I don't hate it, I don't love it either, feels a bit too samey as the last one to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Rough approximation...

spacer.png 

I don't hate it, I don't love it either, feels a bit too samey as the last one to me.

Firstly, good job to whomever did the graphical mock-up.

Secondly, still looks completely naff to my eyes. Why the shoulders? Why the inconsistent shadow stripes? Why are the colours wrong?

It's just a crap design really. 

21 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Rough approximation...

spacer.png 

Thanks mate, great work and it improves in your hands for sure. It's bang average and would be improved no end by just stopping the sleeve on the seem which would be preferable to extending the blue up to the collar. 

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

I suppose we should be grateful that they’ve at least started thinking about the new kit before August. With how late we always are in releasing them for sale, I always assumed it was a last minute thought just before the season. 

Edited by It's Your Round

Baffles me why we didn't years ago have new shirts go on sale July 2nd each season. Everyone would know the date, manufacturers would have the first run completed and shipped with preorders accounted for and gives enough time to get the next batch ready while seeing how many have sold and people would be wearing them throughout the summer giving further exposure world wide for the club.

Just tie in sponsors and kit manufacturer at the end of each season. It can't be that difficult to arrange as the season will be over so league position, any euro qualification and so on will already be known.

Also, not my favourite of kits, the luke one is still the best we've had in several years.

Would prefer the away kit to be a replica of the euro Cup winning top to celebrate 40 years.

Edited by brummybloke

47 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It looks fine. Forgettable if anything but no worse than the last 2 seasons in my view. The Kappa Kits have been crap in general and I can’t wait until there contract is up. 

The designs have been a bit safe and boring but I absolutely love the quality and feel of Kappa products.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

@Teale's 'tachemay I ask what’s the template you’re using? 

On 29/06/2021 at 14:37, Teale's 'tache said:

No worries, here's a link to the one I've used most recently, it is free but you have to sign up to a mailing list. They sell others as well if you take a look around:

https://www.mockit.net/free

Link in the quote above mate 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Agree. One of my favourites. The best fitting Villa shirt I’ve ever had. Loved both the home and away shirts that season. 

Hate the monstrosity of a sponsor though. I'd have this new one and last season's ahead of most since the days of Acorns purely due to the gambling sponsors. Intuit Quickbooks was morally acceptable but jesus those were two bleak years.

Looking at the new Monaco kits it does seem that we could have got a better collar.

svg%3E