Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly, the lad wearing it is clearly not 'athletic'. Not around the shoulder area at least, nor the waist. No offence to him, but that shirt is also a size too small for him. 

I predict it'll look decent on a footballer. 

Thought it was Douglas Luiz, ahaha jokes

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Hate the monstrosity of a sponsor though. I'd have this new one and last season's ahead of most since the days of Acorns purely due to the gambling sponsors. Intuit Quickbooks was morally acceptable but jesus those were two bleak years.

Looking at the new Monaco kits it does seem that we could have got a better collar.

svg%3E

My sponsor came off in the wash pretty soon after. That away kit is still top 5 Villa kits for me. Wear it til this day. Put it through its paces too, with all types of sports and it's still going strong. Those old Nike Dri-Fits were incredible.

Also that Monaco shirt has the same shoulders as the leaked kit which is quite worrying.

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly, the lad wearing it is clearly not 'athletic'. Not around the shoulder area at least, nor the waist. No offence to him, but that shirt is also a size too small for him. 

So in other words that's how it will look on 70% of our fan base? 

And then for 25% it'll look even worse....

Keinan Davies and Wes will look great in it though

And that more than the design is my problem with the kappa shirts, they're not designed for normal human beings, that's why I buy the training range instead, more forgiving 

I like the kit to be honest. We would all be complaining if it was the same as other years, so to add some funky design elements to it to make it different to others is fine by me. Not too simliar to last years to make me not want to buy it.
Looking forward to the away and 3rd too this year, as these kits for other clubs with Kappa look nice. Hope we have a third kit with a colour nothing to do with the club too to shake things up. Barca do this well each year with their random coloured 3rd kit colours.
I have to be honest but I mocked us signing with Kappa when it was announced, but I have spent more money on kappa training and kits than i have any other brand we have had during my 43 years on this planet - although i am not proud of this :)

Not sure i understand everyones affinity with the Luke kits either. Didnt buy any of the ranges, and as most on VT are purists wanting the simple claret body and blue sleeves year after year, i can never understand why these were so popular given they dont conform and where abit - bland imo. If i was to get a kit from a bygone era it woul dhave to be the original hummel or umbro kits with the string. Quite simply classics.

Lastly, after looking at the home kit now it has been leaked, i wonder if this give Kappa the ability to launch a 4th kit during the season that celebrates the 40th anniverasy as a special kit that may get worn for one game at the launch. Lots of teams around Europe now do this and they go down well it seems with the fans of those clubs. Just a thought i had that might explain why the home was a not a direct reference to the kit we all wanted reimagined for the anniversary.

What do people think? Is this in Kappa's locker, or the AV decision makers to create 'extra' income from a special kit mid season?

• Like 2

I don't mind the shoulders that much. It's different.

What I do mind is the different sized claret stripes going down the shirt. It reminds me of the below, and once you see it, you can't unsee it. 

spacer.png

West Bromwich Albion 20-21 Premier League Away Kit Released - Footy  Headlines

• Sad 1

Not sure what the claret sections under the armpit bring to the equation. The claret also doesn't look very claret, but could well be down to the quality of the photo reproduction.

What I never get about the leaked images, is why there is only ever one, really bad photo of the item. Surely everyone has decent enough camera phones theses days, especially anyone involved in trying to leak images of stolen/ill-gotten goods. And surely they have time to set the kit straight and take more than one photo.

I thought with a little more time I’d come round to that home kit from the leak but nope, still think it’s a bit crap. The sleeves are terrible. The collar is horrible. 

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I thought with a little more time I’d come round to that home kit from the leak but nope, still think it’s a bit crap. The sleeves are terrible. The collar is horrible. 

It has no redeeming qualities… the stripes, the arms, the colouring/segments, the collar. It’s a shower of shit. 

The fact that a training top looks so much better tells you everything…

On 01/07/2021 at 04:24, Teale's 'tache said:

Rough approximation...

spacer.png 

I don't hate it, I don't love it either, feels a bit too samey as the last one to me.

If the shirt looks like this, it's OK. The designers have no imagination. 

And if anyone asks, "Does it make me look fat?" Don't answer it is a trick question.

The cheapest/tackiest part is how the blue climbs up and onto the shoulders. It looks amateurish and crap, like it’s patched on or something. The collar is no better, like sections of loose cloth placed together.

And I really, REALLY, hate those stripes.

Edited by Jas10

On 02/07/2021 at 08:19, villa4europe said:

So in other words that's how it will look on 70% of our fan base? 

And then for 25% it'll look even worse....

Keinan Davies and Wes will look great in it though

And that more than the design is my problem with the kappa shirts, they're not designed for normal human beings, that's why I buy the training range instead, more forgiving 

Honestly this is the same for almost every football kit ever made. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly this is the same for almost every football kit ever made. 

Yeah the Kappa Stadium shirts are no tighter than any other kit to be fair. The Pro/Kombat kits are a different story though. They're like cycling tops almost :lol: