Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

On 07/07/2021 at 01:49, Jas10 said:

Now here’s a nice top, haven’t come across it before. Part of the training gear?

Flipping hell, how high is the badge though? 🤣

The intention is to get the badge as close to the face as possible. In or around the face. Every season it will inch closer and closer.

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The intention is to get the badge as close to the face as possible. In or around the face. Every season it will inch closer and closer.

Until one day (soon) the players face will be the badge. 

• Haha 2

Reasonably safe to assume that we'll get the same goalkeeper template that other Kappa teams will be getting, so likely some colourway-variant of this:

image.png.eb8a54caf8e62ccbd114cb8d689af88b.png

Really hope we at least don't do the two-tone badge thing.  I hate the two-tone badge thing.

33 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Reasonably safe to assume that we'll get the same goalkeeper template that other Kappa teams will be getting, so likely some colourway-variant of this:

image.png.eb8a54caf8e62ccbd114cb8d689af88b.png

Really hope we at least don't do the two-tone badge thing.  I hate the two-tone badge thing.

2 tone badge thing?

Can't say that template upsets me..but the leaked version of our home kit was immensely underwhelming. 

How soon is "Imminent" anyway?

Edited by MrBlack

The washout badges.  With all the colour stripped out.  Like on the cumrag kit:

image.png.c1bd1b84b5d67e0bffba5e8a5736766d.png

Uh.  Don't like the trend for this, never have.  The badge-is-the-badge-is-the-badge, keeping it consistent across all kits should be sacrosanct.  Though appreciate this is probably just my particular hang-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The badges being high is a marketing thing I assume, it means a camera can zoom further in on a player's face with the logos still being visible.

Looks weird compared with a couple of decades ago but it's becoming more and more normal.

Sort out the badge, sort out the claret (looks purple) and this would be quite pleasant (next season?).

Maybe reduce the claret on the away and try a different colour such as blue. Not too keen on gradients either… the thin striped Nike away was great 👌

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Sort out the badge, sort out the claret (looks purple) and this would be quite pleasant (next season?).

Maybe reduce the claret on the away and try a different colour such as blue. Not too keen on gradients either… the thin striped Nike away was great 👌

That looks like a West Ham kit. I would hate to have our kits made by Adidas. Kappa might eff up our kits sometimes but they aren't cheap training wear templates.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Ah, so it wasn’t imminent then. Maybe it’s imminent tomorrow.

Maybe it's imminent in the geological sense. The way eruptions of a volcano are imminent. Someone reviews all the data, states an eruption is imminent and then, a month later the volcano erupts. Sounds about the right pace for our kit launches.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 2