Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

My main issue was how purple it looked, always a bugbear of mine.

I know you don’t like Adidas but they could well be our next kit manufacturers.

Any better? Just quickly altered the colour shade.

spacer.png

I like it. I don't know why but it still looks like a West Ham kit for me. Maybe because their kits were recently manufactured by Adidas.

Also I don't think the badge on the home shirt should ever be monochrome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I like it. I don't know why but it still looks like a West Ham kit for me. Maybe because their kits were recently manufactured by Adidas.

Yeah I agree, plus it’s the old lion (not a fan). I couldn’t do anything about the badge on phone. All I did was quickly alter the shade.

I haven’t come across any Puma concepts, would be interested to see what they could muster…

• Thanks 1

I would love something like this… we need to commemorate the 40th anniversary of our European Cup win and  maybe even the league title preceding it…

A special, one off design:

On 08/07/2021 at 14:27, GarethRDR said:

The washout badges.  With all the colour stripped out.  Like on the cumrag kit:

image.png.c1bd1b84b5d67e0bffba5e8a5736766d.png

Uh.  Don't like the trend for this, never have.  The badge-is-the-badge-is-the-badge, keeping it consistent across all kits should be sacrosanct.  Though appreciate this is probably just my particular hang-up.

Disagree. It looks way cleaner and better on kits. As much as I hate Liverpool their kits look way better for stripping the badge down to just the red whatever it is (Phoenix? Dragon?) we keep the current badge for non kits. But then we can put on a badge that actually fits the kits colour scheme rather than let's face it clach awfully half the time. 

spacer.png

Had a go on my iPhone. If someone with better tools and skills could do a better version of this it would be appreciated. I like a bit of yellow on a Villa kit plus the claret in the v-neck breaks it up a bit imo.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

My main issue was how purple it looked, always a bugbear of mine.

I know you don’t like Adidas but they could well be our next kit manufacturers.

Any better? Just quickly altered the colour shade.

spacer.png

Nice. Blue is too powdery, though

On 11/06/2021 at 17:45, Keyblade said:

2XL, a size up from the XL I wear in the stadium shirt. Not sure how it's going to fit, but we'll see :lol: 

Just got it, and it just about fits. Still kind of tight which I find incredible. I'm 185cm/70kg so pretty slim and even a 2XL is slightly uncomfortably tight given that I'm not super athletic. What the hell are people supposed to do with these if they aren't athletic? The Pro Kombat shirts are so much better than the Stadium ones it isn't even close, but I imagine they don't sell that well because of the above problem.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Monochrome is awesome, it makes our badge way better. The washed out yellow on our current lion blends in far too much with the baby blue.

But it is still our Badge and colors. Monochrome badge should be reserved for the 3rd kit.

Edited by MNVillan
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Monochrome is awesome, it makes our badge way better. The washed out yellow on our current lion blends in far too much with the baby blue.

But it is still and Badge and colors. Monochrome badge should be reserved for the 3rd kit.

I'd prefer monochrome badge on all our kits. It looks way better to me. And I think it is really ahrd to get the lion right on the colour badges for the before mentioned reason. I think the monochrome badges look way better. As I said earlier those Liverpool badges look really nice and frankly I think that is what makes their kits among the best in the league. Because they aren't kinited by their shield design. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd prefer monochrome badge on all our kits. It looks way better to me. And I think it is really ahrd to get the lion right on the colour badges for the before mentioned reason. I think the monochrome badges look way better. As I said earlier those Liverpool badges look really nice and frankly I think that is what makes their kits among the best in the league. Because they aren't kinited by their shield design. 

If we’re going to go the Liverpool route, let’s just rid the badge all together and just put the lion on there. I’d be all for that (still though, third kit only)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MNVillan said:

If we’re going to go the Liverpool route, let’s just rid the badge all together and just put the lion on there. I’d be all for that (still though, third kit only)

I agree with potentially getting rid of the shield entirely but on the training kit as pure white it looked **** fantastic. So I'd be very happy with that on the main kit or maybe just a gold badge as well. I think the badge probably puts some neutrals off our kits just because the colours don't go super well together. They really need to redo the badge to make the yellow darker imo. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I agree with potentially getting rid of the shield entirely but on the training kit as pure white it looked **** fantastic. So I'd be very happy with that on the main kit or maybe just a gold badge as well. I think the badge probably puts some neutrals off our kits just because the colours don't go super well together. They really need to redo the badge to make the yellow darker imo. 

I agree with you in terms of aesthetics, but to play devil’s advocate…

It’s a dumb idea to change the badge right now as a club on the rise. We’re trying to build an international brand, and are gaining traction. The last thing you want to do in such a situation is change your logo. 

You can do it once you’re well established, you can change it when you’re at the bottom and want to start a new era, but changing it now kills our recognizability.

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Had a go on my iPhone. If someone with better tools and skills could do a better version of this it would be appreciated. I like a bit of yellow on a Villa kit plus the claret in the v-neck breaks it up a bit imo.

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Oh that yellow really spoils it, sorry. It’s too out of place. Maybe a smarter, toned down gold could look ok. Silver would probably be better. I like some of the recent monochrome gold badges/crests. Such as Italy’s on their green kit and even Manure. Understated but sophisticated.

Claret stripe on collar smartens it up a bit I guess.

Any changes have to fit in with the colour shades and theme and not stand out too drastically.

The main, and probably only, change I would make to the original is the lion. The modern lion is infinitely better and more imposing & smart.

Maybe a trim at the end of the sleeves, that claret line again?

Must admit, I’m a fan of collars. Smarten the whole thing up and add a touch of class, if done right.

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

Sorry, not a fan. Lost it’s sheen and class.

Sheen, in its literal sense, is the wrong word actually. Maybe quality.

Bit more subdued and understated colours made it more classy though I can’t argue with the enhanced claret (maybe not so bright).

The yellow stands out too much and is too odd, it cheapens it imo.

Btw, I love stitched badges/crest if done to a high standard.

Rather than the rubberised crap.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sorry, not a fan. Lost it’s sheen and class.

Sheen, in its literal sense, is the wrong word actually. Maybe quality.

Bit more subdued and understated colours made it more classy though I can’t argue with the enhanced claret (maybe not so bright).

The yellow stands out too much and is too odd, it cheapens it imo.

Btw, I love stitched badges/crest if done to a high standard.

Rather than the rubberised crap.

Back to the original tones. Just left the claret flare to the collarand sleeves.

spacer.png