Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly this is the same for almost every football kit ever made. 

I’ve got quite a few international shirts in large and they fit great. Couple of real Madrid kits and a Barca one too.  I’ve bought large and XL Villa tops over the last 2 seasons are both too tight. I should have return them really and got an even larger size but I was in denial about getting in to shape. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve got quite a few international shirts in large and they fit great. Couple of real Madrid kits and a Barca one too.  I’ve bought large and XL Villa tops over the last 2 seasons are both too tight. I should have return them really and got an even larger size but I was in denial about getting in to shape. 

The sizes just run different (ie: not true to size). It varies by brand, with Kappa famously running smaller than most others.

I think a lot of the issue with this kit is Kappa's template, similar to the weird shoulder issues we had 2 seasons ago. But the execution certainly doesn't appear to be great either. 

The end of the Kappa/Fanatics deal can't come fast enough really. 

What's @NurembergVillandoing these days? 😂 Surely it can't be that hard to organise for our very own World Cup winning kit designer to design a Villa kit

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was referring more to the look even if you get the size right. I remember the green 3rd kit being released, they chose players of yesteryear to model it and, frankly, a few of them have seen better days. It was almost universally disliked. 

Fast forward to Jack Grealish weaving around the pitch in it and opinions started to change. It’s considered a bit of a future classic now.

I have the Luke home shirt. I hate the fit on it, its utter dogshit. It didn’t look particularly great on the players either, and the kappa shirts at least are designed with athletes in mind first and foremost. So I’ll deffo be waiting to see how it looks on the players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think a lot of the issue with this kit is Kappa's template, similar to the weird shoulder issues we had 2 seasons ago. But the execution certainly doesn't appear to be great either. 

What's @NurembergVillandoing these days? 😂 Surely it can't be that hard to organise for our very own World Cup winning kit designer to design a Villa kit

I care more about the Fanatics deal ending, they are horrible. I bought a Grealish England kit with the Euro 2020 patches, and like 3 weeks later they told me there's a delay due to the shipment of the patches and whether I was okay to wait. I said I was happy to wait. The kit came last week without the patches. I also had to pay a crazy $70 customs fee when I received it. An utter shitshow. Never buying from them again, even if the kits next season are stonking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Have you see the variety of opinion in this and the other football kit thread? He’d be crazy to accept 😂 there’s no winning with us.

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I care more about the Fanatics deal ending, they are horrible. I bought a Grealish England kit with the Euro 2020 patches, and like 3 weeks later they told me there's a delay due to the shipment of the patches and whether I was okay to wait. I said I was happy to wait. The kit came last week without the patches. I also had to pay a crazy $70 customs fee when I received it. An utter shitshow. Never buying from them again, even if the kits next season are stonking.

Yep they're a disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

That's why England 2010 is still the greatest kit ever made 

I agree the whole Tailored by Umbro range was top draw!  It was the team stinking out the 2010 World Cup that stopped it being remembered by all with fondness.

I have the tonal version of the home all white and all navy love them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I agree the whole Tailored by Umbro range was top draw!  It was the team stinking out the 2010 World Cup that stopped it being remembered by all with fondness.

I have the tonal version of the home all white and all navy love them.

I wouldn't mind Umbro taking a stab at a modern Villa kit at all. Would be a nice change.

Even better if they teamed with Luke Roper to design it.

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I agree. Fanatics have not been good.

Yeah I’d be glad to see the back of fanatics, the quality is wildly up and down but whoever designed the Luke “sponsored” third kit can stay.

56 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Yeah I’d be glad to see the back of fanatics, the quality is wildly up and down but whoever designed the Luke “sponsored” third kit can stay.

Not forgetting the logistics and distribution of items, it's been very poor and they have pissed quite a few people off with orders not being fulfilled.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Now here’s a nice top, haven’t come across it before. Part of the training gear?

Flipping hell, how high is the badge though? 🤣

That's last seasons top.

Either one of the training kits or warm up kits. I have one with a pattern. But on the website there was also a plain one like that. 

41 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That's last seasons top.

Either one of the training kits or warm up kits. I have one with a pattern. But on the website there was also a plain one like that. 

😩 Another reminder that all our stuff was better last season, so far at least…

Why would he be wearing that now? A few of the kids have just signed contract extensions.

49 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

😩 Another reminder that all our stuff was better last season, so far at least…

Why would he be wearing that now? A few of the kids have just signed contract extensions.

Might have had it at home when he came into the ground. Or he signed his contract a little while ago, and they were waiting to announce it with the others. 

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Might have had it at home when he came into the ground. Or he signed his contract a little while ago, and they were waiting to announce it with the others. 

Top looks fresh out the pack with the fold creases on the arm and shoulders.

I'd go with signed a while ago, before the new training gear was released.