Match Thread: Villa v Man United

limpid

Barkley with 24 touches in the first half and very limited defensive work compared to the players around him.

£100k/week passenger.

• Like 1

See, that dodgy pass from Douglas near half time would probably have put McGinn in big trouble. Luckily it was to Barkley who played a very clever one touch pass to get them both out of the tight space. This is why I like Barkley in the side.

Just now, osmark86 said:

I'm very satisfied so far

Yes, me too.

We had a wee bit of a slow start but we've gave it a right good go and pleasing to be 1-0 up.

Hopefully more of the same 2nd half and we get another goal to hopefully see them off.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

So you are saying when we try we can play football.

Rather than we have to sit back and absorb pressure like I was saying. 

I can’t quite wrap my head around this logic. There are two teams and many, many factors at play. It’s not simply a question of ‘trying’.

• Like 2

Just now, osmark86 said:

If we're to make any changes I think the first to go should be Ross. He's not been terrible, but he doesn't look very sharp and goes missing. Also isn't pressing enough.

Would love to see Carney get a debut.

Hopefully Dean switches things around to get him into the game more - everything is going don the channels for us at the moment.

Good half. Traore came back stronger so well done on him. His defending and positoning needs work mind. 

Barkley is pointless. I really really do not get what the hell he offers. Can anyone tell me what he does Davis wouldn't do?

16 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Shouldn't McTominay get booked for kicking the ball away there?

No he plays for Manchester United

• Like 2

We’re doing alright! 

So close from Watkins there at the end. Class finish from Traore, top corner with power. We’re winning the ball back and showing we want it. Maguire getting dropped on his arse twice is the kind of thing we want to see. Shout to Cash who’s been brilliant, I really do love his attitude. 

A lot can happen still so not getting carried away, but this is the best chance we’ve got of finally seeing us beat these cheating clearings in the woods at Villa Park. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

So you are saying when we try we can play football.

Rather than we have to sit back and absorb pressure like I was saying. 

You are aware there is another team on the pitch? And they're the 2nd best team in the league?

And you honestly think we are not trying to play football?

• Like 1

Just now, AV82 said:

I can’t quite wrap my head around this logic. There are two teams and many, many factors at play. It’s not simply a question of ‘trying’.

For us it is. Because the one time that more than 1 player came short in the last 15 minute we created a good crossing position. Then won the ball high and nearly scored. 

Slow start but overall very good. Luiz and McGinn good in midfield. Cracking goal by Traore and him tracking back and stopping Pogba from scoring shows improving in all aspects of the game.