Breakaway League

Jareth

Just wait, this will come again, they'll look at their mistakes and relaunch at some point. 

I would imagine the new launch will look something like this:

1st RULE OF THE ESL: You do not let Perez talk about the ESL.

2nd RULE OF THE ESL: You DO NOT LET PEREZ talk about the ESL

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 18:36, Zatman said:

Woodward said he quit because he couldn’t go through with the Glazers plan for a Super League 

What a believable hero 🙄

Lying tw*t. Everyone at Manure knows he was leaving at the end of the year anyway.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just wait, this will come again, they'll look at their mistakes and relaunch at some point. 

I would imagine the new launch will look something like this:

1st RULE OF THE ESL: You do not let Perez talk about the ESL.

2nd RULE OF THE ESL: You DO NOT LET PEREZ talk about the ESL

Perez has actually said maybe Super League will have a revised qualification with wait for it, the top 4 from the domestic league qualifying 😂😂

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Perez has actually said maybe Super League will have a revised qualification with wait for it, the top 4 from the domestic league qualifying 😂😂

They are such idiots. 

If they had done that in the first place, they may have got it through and earned their mega fortunes from the direct streaming that would have given them the domination they want. 

It's the fact they arbitrarily decided who was in it and that you could never be relegated out of it that was what caused the most outrage. 

If they hadn't been so utterly greedy and arrogant they might have got this through. 

I am sure they will try again with this model. 

I mean if you are Real Madrid or Man United earning £1bn a year through your direct TV rights, you're never ever going to be ousted by Leicester even if they get in the league and even if you've signed 8 players that are all disasters. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Once upon a time there was a man with a wife. His wife had some friends and a couple of them had recently bought Porsches. This upset the wife and so the man stole a Porsche that was parked on a drive just around the corner. In his head, this was the crime of the century, but it turns out that just about everybody noticed that the missing Porsche was now on his drive and he'd been given a call from the police who said they'd come round.

Well, the man was obviously a little nervous about this, so he decided the best thing to do was just pop the Porsche back on the drive around the corner where he'd found it. When he got there, he knocked on the door to let the chap there know that he'd brought the Porsche back.

For some reason, the chap seemed very angry. "That's it!?!" he shouted "You think just by bringing it back, that's enough?!?. Is there even going to be an apology?!?"

"You're right of course" said the man "But don't worry, I've already apologised, I told her that I'm sorry that she doesn't have the Porsche, that I'd only stolen it because I was worried that she might fall behind some of her friends and that maybe next year we'll have a look at seeing if we can find another way to get her one."

The chap just stared.

"Now" Said the man, "Pop the kettle on and we'll say no more about it eh neighbour?"

Listening to the radio this morning and someone gave a good analogy. The 'big 6' were like someone who had left their long term partner and kids to run away with the 21yo model from over the road and then come crawling back 2 days later when they realised it wasn't the utopia they thought it would be. Then having the brass neck to say they've apologised and everyone should just forget about it and move on like nothing had happened

The teams needs to be punished. They won't be though.

• Like 3

Perez is still going at it saying the club's have all signed binding contracts and cannot leave. 

I don't think he sees the irony in his own comments about being unable to leave a league you are already contracted to. 

If CL goes ahead as planned and they don't punish this mutiny I really think I'm done.

Been reading on topic tonight, and I really can't find any interest atm. My national side and tournements... meh. Villa? Nah. I know we're playing tomorrow, but won't watch it. Feels pointless.

Will keep watching my local team here for the beers and bbq. But I just can't find any interest in football now. It had a tiny speck of innosence and genuine culture left after they created PL and the CL, but I really think this is it for me. They killed it.

Oh well. Maybe I can finally read all the books I've stock piled over the years.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Perez is still going at it saying the club's have all signed binding contracts and cannot leave. 

I don't think he sees the irony in his own comments about being unable to leave a league you are already contracted to. 

It would be well funny if after all this they were forced to play in this league 

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Juventus losing yet again currently. They will end up in europa if they don't win today imo which will be brilliant.

On 24/04/2021 at 13:13, The_Steve said:

What speaking out did Klopp do exactly? This revionist history of something weeks old is staggering. It needs to be challenged.

Not even a week!

Here's what Klopp actually did:

1 - When asked in an interview, he reiterated his previously stated view that he personally didn't like the idea of this type of competition;

2 - In the same interview, he complained about Leeds wearing T-shirts that expressed their disapproval of the competition.

That's it, that's the sum of Klopp's contribution.

These rats need punishing but they will get away with it no doubt, its corrupt at the very top and I'm sure these dodgy buggers running the country will back them for their peace of the pie.

We do not need them as they are, level the playing field, golf is fine without tiger, F1 will improve without Lewis. 

Maximum fine, bans and points etc.

Why? Because they cannot be trusted and are currently planning their next move. They care about themselves from owners down to players and everything in between.

Â