Breakaway League

Jareth

51 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what are the fans going to do though? really? are 1000s of us really going to go to VP every time we play one of these teams with banners? and other teams around the country going to do the same?

no doubt they should be punished...but aside from us all whinging on VT there really wont be much in the way of protests

A Newcastle style invasion on Premier League HQ

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think they should try team caps like yank sports 

If city want to pay de Bruyne £350k a week they can buy they can't pay their 4th and 5th choice CBs £100k+ between them not to play 

I agree. I have had this conversation with the Man Utd, Arsenal etc fans at work. It would be a great plan in my mind, their argument was that the best players would all leave to non capped leagues. It would work if you made it the same for all leagues in the same continent though.

I guess the other possibility would be shady owners managing a work around with sponsorship deals from certain companies if they played for their team. I think it is still something to consider.

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If city want to pay de Bruyne £350k a week they can buy they can't pay their 4th and 5th choice CBs £100k+ between them not to play 

Nah I think if they want to earn more then it should be performance based, so bonus’s, score a goal earns you £5k, win match £3k, man of the match £10k, win player of the month £100k etc.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Nah I think if they want to earn more then it should be performance based, so bonus’s, score a goal earns you £5k, win match £3k, man of the match £10k, win player of the month £100k etc.

They already do that! 

I've been reading a lot of Milan fans opinions on the super league and almost to a man, it's not about the actual league in itself, it's catching up to the "greedy premier league clubs" who, in their opinion have way too much money, thus Milan cannot compete (which is true to a degree, especially after the last decade).

I imagine this is also the primary motives of the Liga clubs, seeing Burnley get given £100m for finishing 17th, whilst they have to do their own deals with TV companies etc. 

In essence, the Milan fans aren't surprised the English clubs have backed out, because they've already got their cake and are eating it. 

A different perspective perhaps?  Not the right one either, I don't think. 

Salary caps in most US sports are far more complicated than just a fixed sum of how much a club can spend on salaries, depending on if it's a hard or a soft salary cap. It's a f'n jungle with designated players ( or Bird exceptions) and a whole lot of rules, exceptions, luxury taxes, draft penalties, mid level exceptions, bi-annual exceptions, rookie exceptions and so on and so on and so on and so on and... you get the picture.

Trying to fit that in on a global sport like football and combine it with EU law (not a issue in the PL I guess) will be lets say a challenge.

• Like 1

How about we don't decide how much a private business decides to pay it's employees, but instead hold the business accountable when they are £100miliions in debt?

Want to pay Pogba £250k a week? Fine, but if you are running out of money you go bust - just like shops, IT businesses, Restaurants and any other enterprise. 

I'm a sole trader business - I can't spend over my means otherwise they take my house away.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

How about we don't decide how much a private business decides to pay it's employees, but instead hold the business accountable when they are £100miliions in debt?

Want to pay Pogba £250k a week? Fine, but if you are running out of money you go bust - just like shops, IT businesses, Restaurants and any other enterprise. 

I'm a sole trader business - I can't spend over my means otherwise they take my house away.

Thats.... groundbreaking!!!

Make people take responsibility for their actions...

Genius!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Wage cap is absolutely the way forward, as you say, no limit on what any one player can be paid but a limit per club, per division and with a little extra for clubs in playing in European competitions etc.

Some of the English clubs have described it as an idea, or a concept and said that they were sort of half in it and it was a half formed idea, still in planning and all of that stuff - but lets face it they didn't secure a loan of £3.5bn from one of the worlds largest corporate banks with an idea they'd sketched on the back of a napkin. 

Don't believe a word from this lot.

• Like 1

Â