Breakaway League

Jareth

Interesting to hear Chelsea were never going to be allowed, too much Russian conflicts of interest with Gazprom, Zenit etc. Barely about the football in reality.

The big six are trotting out their managers to complain about the new format Champions league - the new format they dictated to UEFA, the one they bullied UEFA into, the one that as it turned out was just a distraction as they'd always intended to stab UEFA in the back anyway. This was the plan that their clubs came up with - pipe the f*** down and get on with your job or have a bit of backbone and call out your owners on it.

• Like 1

I must say I am surprised the supporters of chelsea and now Arsenal are making a fuss. I hope to see more from supporters of the other 14 as well this weekend, even of they don’t play the greedy six.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The big six are trotting out their managers to complain about the new format Champions league - the new format they dictated to UEFA, the one they bullied UEFA into, the one that as it turned out was just a distraction as they'd always intended to stab UEFA in the back anyway. This was the plan that their clubs came up with - pipe the f*** down and get on with your job or have a bit of backbone and call out your owners on it.

I wonder what the reaction would be like if UEFA backtracked on that 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wonder what the reaction would be like if UEFA backtracked on that 

The 12 clubs have zero leverage now. Hopefully UEFA do backtrack - especially on the 2 places reserved for the clubs with the highest coefficient ranking.

Good to hear Jurgen Klopp come out with some more subtle hints about reducing the number of games if Liverpool have to play 10 instead of 6 in the equivalent group stage of the CL.

”Maybe UEFA will cancel a domestic competition or reduce the PL down to 18 teams”.

I honestly think he’d be all for that if it didn’t impact Liverpool at all.

Horse toothed prick.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Good to hear Jurgen Klopp come out with some more subtle hints about reducing the number of games if Liverpool have to play 10 instead of 6 in the equivalent group stage of the CL.

”Maybe UEFA will cancel a domestic competition or reduce the PL down to 18 teams”.

I honestly think he’d be all for that if it didn’t impact Liverpool at all.

Horse toothed prick.

Probably wants an extended winter prick the rocket polisher

• Haha 1

On 22/04/2021 at 11:28, Tomaszk said:

v5j1h4zj3ru61.png

If these number are accurate ... then this is an interesting graph. Things to take away:

• The premier league is relatively egalitarian ... in that the slope is relatively flat ... ie the top teams get a similarish slice of the pie.
  • All but a handful bottom PL teams get more earnings than most of European clubs. (Excluding Atletico, Real and Barca). For example the bottom PL club earns more than Bayern.
  • This of course does not mean you can attract Bayern players to the bottom PL clubs ... at least not easily. And simply having higher earnings does not mean you get a better team. EG Bayern playing a bottom team in the PL?
  • The French and Spanish leagues are the most inequitable, percentage wise. subject to some debate.

9 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:
  • For example the bottom PL club earns more than Bayern.

The bottom PL club picks up more TV money than Bayern from their domestic league.

Norwich earned £119.3m in total - Bayern earned £634.1m in total.

The commercial revenue the bigger teams generate is a bigger differentiator than the TV money.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sky are reporting that the 14 other Premier league clubs have called on the owners of the six to sack their CEO's as they don't want to deal with them in future.

That would be quite something!

This should be a bare minimum requirement. Neither the Premier League or UEFA can negotiate with these people in good faith. They should not have access to any of the confidential information discussed in any of the meetings as they have proven that they will use it to destroy the organisations that they are supposed to be a part of. They need to be considered and treated as hostile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sky are reporting that the 14 other Premier league clubs have called on the owners of the six to sack their CEO's as they don't want to deal with them in future.

That would be quite something!

lets be honest we all want one thing from this, Daniel Levy to publicly humiliated and maybe brought in front of some public committee. Rest of the CEOS would be a bonus :P 

thought googling the Chelsea CEO i never heard him before

• Like 1

Â