Breakaway League

Jareth

Those new CL rules where two clubs that miss out on the cup will automatically qualify either way. That's me done with watching CL and European football. It's been fun, especially the days of Rosenborg in the 90s, but **** UEFA and the CL. Boycott activated.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Interesting to hear Chelsea were never going to be allowed, too much Russian conflicts of interest with Gazprom, Zenit etc. Barely about the football in reality.

Abramovic doesn't only own the club because of football in the first place. Can't put a price on being too prominent a figure in England for the FSB to murder.

• Like 1

It's interesting how many of the 'apologies' include clubs claiming that they did it with the best intentions of their supporters, as they didn't want their clubs to be left behind or be unable to compete. What's absolutely implied in that sentence is that they don't give a f*** about the fans of any club that would have been left outside of the super league and fully intended to leave those clubs behind and unable to compete.

There's not a whisper of anything vaguely resembling an apology to the people they actually intended to shaft.

It's like they borrowed the wife's car, ran over next doors toddler and are apologising to the wife for denting a bumper.

The complete lack of awareness or contrition is appalling. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting how many of the 'apologies' include clubs claiming that they did it with the best intentions of their supporters, as they didn't want their clubs to be left behind or be unable to compete. What's absolutely implied in that sentence is that they don't give a f*** about the fans of any club that would have been left outside of the super league. 

Which is also a direct contradiction because they repeatedly said it would be good for the footballing pyramid (without giving any mention whatsoever about how it was going to help). 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Aleksander Ceferin has warned clubs clinging to the Super League dream that they could face bans from the Champions League. 

The UEFA president has been speaking with AP with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and AC Milan yet to formally disavow themselves from the Super League.

All six Premier League clubs named as founders on Sunday night had dropped out within 48-hours. Fan pressure had been brought to bear, but it seems influences from the Kremlin and Abu Dhabi were more influential.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez remains a vocal Super League proponent, while his Barcelona counterpart Joan Laporta still insists a Super League - in some form - is "absolutely necessary".

AC Milan released a statement regarding the now toxic nature of the proposal, but didn't formally back out. While Juventus president Andrea Agnelli claims the current proposal is not workable, but remains married to the idea.

"It’s crystal clear that the clubs will have to decide if they are Super League or they are a European club," Ceferin told AP.

"If they say we are a Super League, then they don’t play Champions League, of course ... and if they are ready to do that, they can play in their own competition.”

Financiers JP Morgan distanced themselves from the Super League on Friday, having originally agreed to fund the project to the tune of €3.5billion.

Clubs are still set to owe the company millions in break fees.

"We still are waiting for legal expertise and then we will say," Ceferin said regarding UEFA's next steps, "But everybody faces consequences for their decisions and they know that.

“For me, it’s a very different situation between the clubs that admitted their mistake and said, ‘We will leave the project.’

"The others mainly know I would say that this project is dead, but they don’t want to believe it, probably.”

https://www.otbsports.com/sport/ceferin-says-super-league-holdouts-could-face-champions-league-ban-1184982?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2D7VCj0kV9SuOUApLhYPPtMV02CVvNUYhyHvA9NMA07PNQFpsLU85XFv8#Echobox=1619199918

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/860oLW/far-inte-lamna-super-league

German Der Spiegel has come across the 167-page document that forms the basis for the formation of the "Super League". It states, among other things, that Real Madrid and Barcelona would receive more money than the other teams to participate - but also that the clubs must pay a penalty fee to withdraw.

The sum:  €150m.

"Can not be abandoned"

After massive protests, all clubs except Real Madrid and FC Barcelona have now declared that they do not intend to be part of the heavily criticized venture. But the leaked documents thus show that it becomes legally extremely problematic to de facto leave the ship.

This was also something the founder Florentino Pérez pointed out in his defense speech last night.

- The agreements in the Super League are binding. No one can abandon them, he said, among other things.

Leaked documents

PHOTO: DER SPIEGEL
Leaked documents

According to Norwegian Dagbladet , however, there is a clause that would make it possible for the clubs to leave the Super League without penalty fee - if FC Barcelona, which is the only member-run club, chooses to do the same.

Will vote

Barça sent out a letter on their website yesterday (Thursday) in which they called the new super league a "historic opportunity". But in the end, it is the members, the so-called "socios", who will vote on the matter.

:D 

Hating the fact that sky are helping the scum6 here and attempting a slight subtle brainwash for their benefit, all this it's not the club's or fans faults etc... No punishment needed, utter bollox.

Small club's get the full weight of the law and are punished to the max, it's all typically uneven, this scum6 need hitting where it hurts, it's the only way. Then we can talk about changing and implementing new rules and regs that even the game up.

I don't think we need these club's as.much as is being made out, others can be the same.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hating the fact that sky are helping the scum6 here and attempting a slight subtle brainwash for their benefit, all this it's not the club's or fans faults etc... No punishment needed, utter bollox.

Small club's get the full weight of the law and are punished to the max, it's all typically uneven, this scum6 need hitting where it hurts, it's the only way. Then we can talk about changing and implementing new rules and regs that even the game up.

I don't think we need these club's as.much as is being made out, others can be the same.

I cancelled Sky tv long ago, they have helped bring the PL to the point we are at today where the select few teams are winning every trophy year in year out. Look back over the list of domestic trophy winners for the last 20 years and bar the odd exception it is mostly the same four / five teams on the list. Sky are happy for that to happen, they hype those teams up and help continue the cycle.

If I am honest I am a little disappointed that the SL fell apart so quickly. I was hoping the SL6 would piss off and some level playing field would be restored in the PL.

• Like 1

Just now, NeilS said:

I cancelled Sky tv long ago, they have helped bring the PL to the point we are at today where the select few teams are winning every trophy year in year out. Look back over the list of domestic trophy winners for the last 20 years and bar the odd exception it is mostly the same four / five teams on the list. Sky are happy for that to happen, they hype those teams up and help continue the cycle.

If I am honest I am a little disappointed that the SL fell apart so quickly. I was hoping the SL6 would piss off and some level playing field would be restored in the PL.

Just now, Zatman said:

I get a bit more pissed why they include Spurs as a Sky 6 team. Is it one trophy in 25 years

Give me a break

Just now, sne said:

Watch Location Location Location | Episodes | TVNZ OnDemand

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

They are the six clubs with the highest revenues in England - it's no more complicated than that.

Thats it, the 6 biggest companies and they know that other clubs MIGHT catch them up.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Klopp is prick, why are the media still buying he is a friendly nice guy. Biggest clearing in the woods in actual football

Before today's game one of the TV blokes said that he'd really cemented his relationship with the fans by speaking out against the Super League.

When did he do that then? I heard him griping about too many games and he's now whining that people still want to talk Super League, but I'd hardly call anything he's said "speaking out".

Shill.

Â