Breakaway League

Jareth

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He also said it wouldn't have happened if UEFA had agreed to some simple things that had been requested by clubs, like having more subs and having less games.

Something that to me at least came across as "It's your own fault, this wouldn't have happened if UEFA had been reasonable in the first place".

He and Guardiola have both held positions that say "I don't like this personally" whilst at the same time saying "but if you'd just given me this then we wouldn't have had to do it" and of course Klopp in particular has followed his up with the insistence that we stop talking about it and forget it ever happened.

And once again they come across and try to make them selfs look like heroes, Imagine Mourinho being  interviewed if he was still in charge of Spurs 

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

He also said it wouldn't have happened if UEFA had agreed to some simple things that had been requested by clubs, like having more subs and having less games.

Something that to me at least came across as "It's your own fault, this wouldn't have happened if UEFA had been reasonable in the first place".

He and Guardiola have both held positions that say "I don't like this personally" whilst at the same time saying "but if you'd just given me this then we wouldn't have had to do it" and of course Klopp in particular has followed his up with the insistence that we stop talking about it and forget it ever happened.

Him and Pep have probably been told how much money is involved now and how they going to be paid way way more. scum6 scum forever rats.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's not true.

Neither manager knew about the SL before we did, and the SL wasn't going to be less games.

Give Pep some credit, he was the only mananager in that position that came out against it(Possibly because he already knew City were pulling out before the press conference)

There's no need to go full tin hat here, and people seem to be forgetting that this big pitchfork mentality set about by sky was also because they weren't getting a slice themselves. Had they been included we might be seeing something very different.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

That's not true.

Neither manager knew about the SL before we did, and the SL wasn't going to be less games.

Give Pep some credit, he was the only mananager in that position that came out against it(Possibly because he already knew City were pulling out before the press conference)

There's no need to go full tin hat here, and people seem to be forgetting that this big pitchfork mentality set about by sky was also because they weren't getting a slice themselves. Had they been included we might be seeing something very different.

Klopp's first interview on it he said that if UEFA had listened to the complaints of managers on substitutes and more games, maybe we wouldn't be in this situation - he didn't know in advance, but he believed that the reasoning behind the Super League was at least in part due to UEFA not bending to the will of the bigger clubs on smaller issues.

Klopp and Pep have since been very vocal about the enlarged Champions league, although neither have them have acknowledged that it was the owners of their own clubs who forced that deal on UEFA. They're complaining about UEFA for something their bosses did.

I think both are personally against the Super League, as human beings and as football people,  but perhaps because of their winning mentality, they're both using it to air their personal gripes and in doing so pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

Klopp's decision that this is now finished and no one should talk about it any more is laughable. 

• Like 1

I've had over a week to mull this over and I'm still planted in the 'off with their heads' sentiment that I originally had. The disdain, utter greed and megalomania that these clubs, and now also a great deal of their staff/managers and fans show warrants the hardest punishment possible. Tank their shares, tank their league standings, investigate their finances, force them to sell off shares under new legislation and essentially do whatever it takes to cut the head off of this snake before it comes crawling out of its hole again. There's many ways to go about it, ensure that the clubs are listed just like buildings - you can own it but you can't bloody well do as you please with it. Establish oversight committees, remove their voting privileges in the PL meetings for years on end and do whatever, just ensure that these idiots aren't able to do this again.

Klopp 'you need to calm down' Quisling is about as remorseful as the rest of them the plonker.

Italy has changed its rules which would ban teams joining Super League (other similar competition)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56892039

European Super League: New rule passed which would ban breakaway clubs from Serie A

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has approved a rule that would ban clubs who sign up to breakaway competitions from competing in Serie A. 

It follows the collapse of the proposed European Super League which involved Juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan.

The tournament sparked furious backlash but Juve, plus Barcelona and Real Madrid, are yet to abandon the project.

Clubs playing in leagues not recognised by Fifa or Uefa will now not be able to play in domestic tournaments in Italy.

The FIGC added a new clause to its rules underlining that clubs registering for national leagues must agree they will not join private, unauthorised competitions.

Under the European Super League proposals announced on 18 April, clubs agreed to play in the new competition but wanted to continue to play in their domestic leagues.

The proposals were heavily criticised by fans, authorities, governments and players and eventually nine of the 12 clubs, including the Premier League's 'Big Six' and both Milan clubs, pulled out.

"At the moment we have no news about who has stayed and who is out of the Super League," said FIGC president Gabriele Gravina.

"If, by the deadline for applications to the national championships on 21 June, someone joins up to other private leagues, they will not take part in our championship."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Italy has changed its rules which would ban teams joining Super League (other similar competition)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56892039

That's great, but what happens in 18 or so months time when they launch the Uefa Super League? 

It should be that if they join non-Serie A approved competitions that Serie A can remove them from Italian competitions. 

Edited by Rds1983

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

That's great, but what happens in 18 or so months time when they launch the Uefa Super League? 

It should be that if they join non-Serie A approved competitions that Serie A can remove them from Italian competitions. 

If UEFA launches it's own replacement for the Champions league then the Italian federation (part of UEFA) would happily let their teams play in it.

I don't understand what you're asking?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If UEFA launches it's own replacement for the Champions league then the Italian federation (part of UEFA) would happily let their teams play in it.

I don't understand what you're asking?

Basically saying I suspect ESL will launch again very soon in almost identical format as a closed shop but this time they'll find a way to try and make UEFA happy by giving them a big chunk of the revenue. 

I can see UEFA potentially selling out to a ESL down the line to the detriment of national leagues (I think you're already seeing this with the new Champs League format). That wording leaves clubs reliant upon UEFA (which they are part of but not in control of) and they could have written it so that they're in control of themselves. 

I can't see clubs writing rules that would rule them out of UEFA - that would essentially leave those leagues as the outsiders, so that the current position would be reversed, with UEFA running a Champions league competition that Italian clubs wouldn't be allowed to enter because the Italian league has separated from the rest of football.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see clubs writing rules that would rule them out of UEFA - that would essentially leave those leagues as the outsiders, so that the current position would be reversed, with UEFA running a Champions league competition that Italian clubs wouldn't be allowed to enter because the Italian league has separated from the rest of football.

I'm just saying why leave the decision to Uefa when they could write a rule giving them some power to make the decision. 

15 years ago nobody would have seen Uefa giving Champs League places based off historical importance or Fifa doing a winter based World Cup in the Middle East. Who knows what Uefa might agree to around a ESL and national leagues should be able to protect themselves. If writing a rule like that isn't allowed by Uefa and the leagues don't have that power then fine. 

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Are they punished yet? 

They won’t be punished with anything of any significance.

If they gave them something serious these clubs would be straight back with their lawyers and it go on and on.

They’ll get some symbolic “punishment” which won’t upset them enough to call in the legal teams but shows they’ve been punished.

big result in Italy tonight that puts Juventus 4th and Milan 5th. I dont think Lazio can get the momentum to crawl back 5 points but it would be funny if Napoli and Lazio pipped Milan and Juve to Champions League spots

It'll be very interesting to watch Barca over the next three months - they were the team that absolutely needed this league to happen and needed it right now.

They need three hundred million euros right away.

I wonder if Laporte will have to sell out the membership and put part of the club in private hands?

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if Laporte will have to sell out the membership and put part of the club in private hands?

Surely 'Qatar foundation' can come back in as a sponsor. 

Â