Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The moment of contact:

momentofcontact.jpg

So it wasn't out of play I guess.

It completely highlights the cheating by Mr. Fist-Magnet, though. 

At the end of the day, there's an awful lot of shit in this team, and we should have realised it when people were calling Grealish one of the best players in the world while we were mid table.

Without him, we're **** dire. The summer will be a real test of the owners' resolve.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The moment of contact:

momentofcontact.jpg

So it wasn't out of play I guess.

Yes. Because Kane slips and jumps into Cash. At no point is Cash anywhere near his shins. He's a cheat. The entire time Cash is sliding with his leg straight, anticipating the cross, Kane knows he's running the ball out and manufactures movement into him. It's not a foul.

• Like 4

Cant believe some people think we are playing well. Spurs are knackerd and have been pretty crap.

Yet we have had one shot on target been shit at set pieces crap going forward shown no real quality or urgency 

A utterly pathetic performance 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Honestly, we're at the point where subbing on Davis is essentially "well played lads, enjoy your 3 points". He's **** worthless.

Exactly that's why I keep calling for Barry instead get him on instead of Davis FFS.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Spent £200m yet I'd replace at least 2 definitely but maybe all of the midfield 3, the 2 wingers, then we need a back up striker, right back and left back... 

There's loads of work to do on this squad 

True, 1 man team. But no one wants to admit this.

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

Our season is petering out quite rapidly. I think we’ll do well to finish 11th-12th as things stand. 

Which will be good progress, especially as we haveplayed some incredible football along the way

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

No guile in advanced areas.  Lots of direct passing into channels, then not following up.  We don't get enough bodies in the area when we have it in wide areas to cross in.

We're effective until the final 3rd.  Not Watkins fault.

Oh, and we're back to making very costly individual errors resulting in goals.

I'm sorry to say this after the first half of the season, but luiz is anonymous.  McGinn tries but lacks quality and sanson is good at getting on the ball, but theres no dynamism in midfield at all without Jack.

Switched off now, we'll never score.

McGinn tries? What game are you watching. He has been so lazy most of the game.