Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, hippo said:

Recruitment still suspect for me. sure highlights Martinez, Watkins (may be) - but too many duds

Watkins who’s been called up for England? Behave. 

Feel so sorry for Watkins. No service at all and only gets given the ball when he’s completely isolated. It’s so, so shit. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

We've been decent for long periods of this game - a moment of madness in the first half lets them in and then Harry cheats a penalty and we're done.

In between what we've lacked is any sort of threat - but even with our complete lack of goalscoring ability on a better day this is still 0-0.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Always ends up being the players when we are shit. When we are winning it’s all Smith. 

No it's not. A vocal minority ste continually doing the exact opposite. We win, it's the players, when we lose its Smith. 

How many of our mid and forward get into a top 10 team?

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Maybe try changing our shape, our formation, rather than like-for-like every game.

I said this last season so much that I had nightmares of it is that this winger system needs proper quality, like wolves had or Liverpool have. We don't have it and you can see that in the way we cross the ball. We need better players in the Wings because there is only Grealish who can effectively create something from the wing.