Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Some incredibly bad too

Also one of the youngest squads in yeh league so obviously decision making will let us down a little over the season. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

There is that to, we should be playing more thought to Watkins low and fast while he's at least only covered by one or two. We also need to deliver though the middle just as much. Watch the Liverpool game again we did this to them so much it rattled them.

The way I see it is we were better first half of season because we countered faster and smoother and harder than opposition could sort themselves out.

But the opposition cottoned on to it and suffocated us, and we have nothing else in our play book.

The point I'm making is, we are 1 dimensional by design - because the manahwr lack the imagination to do anything else.

Poor mans Mourinho for me.

• Like 1

Yes Kane has bought the pen - but let’s be honest, Grealish buys fouls like that 5x a game.

It’s braindead from Cash sliding in like that - he’s a good player, and I’m sure he’ll learn.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Over the course of the season, no. In terms of form absolutely. How long does a bad run continue before you accept the momentum of our early season form is irrelevant and right now, we are going backwards? If this continues until the end of the season, as it could well do, then only some big recruitment upgrades will keep us mid-table and Jack could easily go in the summer. In this moment, the trajectory is very clearly in one direction. The excuses for 'why', may be valid but they are irrelevant. Engage with the facts, we are in relegation form with no sign of it changing. None.

Form is awful but we're not in the same situation as last season at all. 

For the first time in probably 8 years we can plan for the summer knowing full well the league we will be in. We've built a solid defence and have some quality youth players on the verge of the first team. And we know we will invest yet again. After finishing 17th we were able to attract the likes of Martinez and Barkley. 

Jack might go, he might not. I've thought he'd leave every summer since we've been relegated. But even that is better than last year. His value has skyrocketed and he signed an extension to his contract. 

The form is really bad but there's no doubt we will strengthen again. This squad still has many areas that need addressing. 

• Like 2

In fairness to Davis I think he has enough about him to be a bottom 3 holding striker with a goalscorer next to him. Like a rubbish prime Heskey.

Unfortunately we don't play 2 up top. And the only times we do are when the games dead already. For the sake of his career he needs to leave. He's basically just filling a shirt here.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

?????? - I picked him out and named him as one of our better signings.

Traroe, Nkamba, Trez , barkley,  sansom etc if you want names 

You wrote ‘Watkins (may be)’. Traore playing through injury, Sanson was one of our better players before getting hooked for Ross ‘what’s the f***ing point’ Barkley. 

We just need Jack back at No10, two new wingers and we’re good to go.