Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What do you expect people.to be doing whilst watching this? I don't get it.

Exactly lets be happy we play absolute shit aginst spurs who were not even at 50% and just dont even challenge them in any capacity 

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What do you expect people.to be doing whilst watching this? I don't get it.

No I should have made myself clear. Moaning about this is fair enough but it's just the moaning about everything in general. We've got people talking about relegation next year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcdedi said:

Really like Steve Bruce football this. As well as being awful it’s also so boring!

Steve Bruce except with a massive transfer budget 😂

Give your head a wobble and go back and watch some of the games under Bruce. There’s no comparison to be made

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Funny how neutral pundits get it. Neville speaking absolute sense.

Well other pundits, including ex Villa player on BEIN saying this is as shite as they've seen us all season.

And I'm guessing that's just because they haven't watched us enough the past few weeks.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, LxYoungAVFC said:

Bergwijn could have got Cash sent off there but he stayed on his feet.

Should be shot for insubordination by Captain Kane, then. Blatant disregard for team values. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

You wrote ‘Watkins (may be)’. Traore playing through injury, Sanson was one of our better players before getting hooked for Ross ‘what’s the f***ing point’ Barkley. 

We just need Jack back at No10, two new wingers and we’re good to go. 

Wait and see - all those are fringe low impact players - if they are regulars next season you will see much the same.

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

I may get tared and feathered but I think Davis has done well since he came on. Maybe we can play two up front like we used to. it cant be any worse can it ?

We could play a good diamond 4-4-2 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Every game when were chasing it and bring Barkley on we immediately just seem to lose any foothold we had in the game.

It's beyond a meme but he just doesn't offer us enough.

We've got no other viable options though. Shocking how someone of his quality and experience continues to perform this badly.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yes. Because Kane slips and jumps into Cash. At no point is Cash anywhere near his shins. He's a cheat. The entire time Cash is sliding with his leg straight, anticipating the cross, Kane knows he's running the ball out and manufactures movement into him. It's not a foul.

I agree with your characterisation of what happened, except perhaps the bolded parts. Kane doesn't slip, he deliberately steps over the ball. As for whether it's cheating, I don't know. I think 'cute' was a fair adjective for Neville to use to be honest. Something in between complete honesty and outright cheating; perhaps 'gamesmanship'.

3 minutes ago, Giro said:

I wouldn’t go that far but big changes are needed 

Going through the squad:

Heaton is old, we prob need a new backup.

Elmo os old we need a rb

Taylor is awful and needs replacing.

DS doesn't trust our cbs other than mings and konsa so 2 needed there.

Our midfield has shown its too lightweight to challenge.  I think we need 2 new 1st team cms.

All our wingers are not good enough, at least 2 needed.

Ollie is the only striker i think thats good enough, we need at least 1 more.

Thats at least 10 players.  A lot of whom were brough in by DS and havent made the grade

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Whats he say? 

Watching it on German sky and hennes Hermann ain't said much about us 

Basically pointing out the massive difference in attacking options Jose has and what Dean doesn't have without Jack. 

We all know the squad needs to be improved.