Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, Danishlad said:

We don’t look like scoring with Davis on the bench. So not sure why this comment

Honestly, we're at the point where subbing on Davis is essentially "well played lads, enjoy your 3 points". He's **** worthless.

• Like 1

No guile in advanced areas.  Lots of direct passing into channels, then not following up.  We don't get enough bodies in the area when we have it in wide areas to cross in.

We're effective until the final 3rd.  Not Watkins fault.

Oh, and we're back to making very costly individual errors resulting in goals.

I'm sorry to say this after the first half of the season, but luiz is anonymous.  McGinn tries but lacks quality and sanson is good at getting on the ball, but theres no dynamism in midfield at all without Jack.

Switched off now, we'll never score.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Watkins who’s been called up for England? Behave. 

?????? - I picked him out and named him as one of our better signings.

Traroe, Nkamba, Trez , barkley,  sansom etc if you want names 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I said this last season so much that I had nightmares of it is that this winger system needs proper quality, like wolves had or Liverpool have. We don't have it and you can see that in the way we cross the ball. We need better players in the Wings because there is only Grealish who can effectively create something from the wing.

But having quality on the wing is only half the battle.  I can't see Watkins beating many defenders for power or in the air, so the way we play does not make a lot of sense.

We should be playing the ball in behind not getting it wide for crosses.  The way we play does not suit the players we have.

Just now, WooJung said:

Why did Trez need to stay on until the 78th?

Why did he play? We know what he offers which is zip.. the odd (important) goal aside his Villa career highlights would be a short watch

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

This is the problem. Too many people have forgotten what we've been like. 

Even with this dreadful form, this is currently the best season the club has had in a decade 

Based on the first 15 games. The rest has been relegation form. We need progress and momentum. 

We need another big summer and to be ruthless with our squad.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Our start to the season really warped people's minds. Literally haven't been this good since MON, even with this poor run.

That limited manager with all our shit players giving us hopes and dreams. The bastard.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

We need upgrades on Trez abs El ghazi 

Been saying it since last season, but people on this VT seems to like them so much that when they play shite they still want them to be at the club.

We need better players in midfield and on the Wings, that is where I'd upgrade next and the owners should hopefully know that's going to cost everything we can take FFP upto, I'd just max it out to its cap. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

After spending over 200 million and with one of the best players in the league, not many managers would fluff it with our team. I don't want him out, but let's get real. Having Grealish out has shown, he's just not this genius coach some have made him out to be.

Spent £200m yet I'd replace at least 2 definitely but maybe all of the midfield 3, the 2 wingers, then we need a back up striker, right back and left back... 

There's loads of work to do on this squad 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

How can that pen be given when the ball was off the pitch at the point Kane goes down? 

It wasn’t .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

No doubt you will. You guys sound like you want it to happen. So weird.

I don't think so. If you take the time to check I have never said this, probably ever. 

What I am saying is that we repeatedly see comments each week about how we've 'only played bad today', 'it's only one game'.. 

It's been 5-6 weeks of getting worse and worse, and on that period of games we would be relegated. 

If you want to ignore that and think we're doing great, that's up to you.