Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Poor coaching.

Doesn't surprise me though that our possession stats are poor after bringing in Craig Shakespeare. Considering the type of football his teams have played.

Sit back and counter. I hate it. It's negative by nature.

What's the point of having sterile possession and going nowhere. We had the ball plenty last season and couldn't do a thing with it. We create far more chances now.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Gonna be hard in the middle, got to get at Semedo, he's shit and Traore won't help him 

El Ghazi is a massive loss in targetting him. Hopefully Bertrand Traore will be on form today but he will be hampered by having no support behind him. Our best bet is to keep things tight and hope to get something from set pieces.

Interesting line up. I am glad that he’s mixed it up a bit. I think we will struggle to create but we should be pretty solid. Maybe need to sneak a goal from a set piece. Really looking forward to seeing Sanson. I would predict it’s gonna be either 1-0, 0-1 or 0-0........roll on  a 5-5 draw!

Just now, Johnnyp said:

What's the point of having sterile possession and going nowhere. We had the ball plenty last season and couldn't do a thing with it. We create far more chances now.

What's the point in launching it long with no purpose?

Watkins isn't even a target man. Makes zero sense.

If we played Davis up front i could sort of understand it.

Adama Traore been back to that impressive looking but ultimately ineffective player whenever I've seen him recently. 

He'll play like the player being liked to top clubs again for a one off today guaranteed. 

• Like 1

With Jack & Cash still out, I cant say I disagree with the selections.

I always like to see Trez on the right as I think he supports the fullback better that Traore or AEG. Glad to see Sanson get a start, especially with Wolves being strong in midfield. Let's hope we do not give the ball away as cheaply as in recent games. I will also be interested to see which way around Sanson & McGinn line up.

Hopefully Traore will give Ollie some support or have a roving role to look for his own opportunities.

Fingers crossed. UTV.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

I have high hopes for Sanson. Probably too high but that's the way it's gonna be. 

Really excited to see a 90 minutes from him. Get a much better picture of what his games about. 

• Like 1