Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Tactically, Wolves are playing seven men deep and trying to draw us out - it'll be important that we find a way to break them down.

I think we might miss AEG for that - he's not perfect, but he's always trying to make things happen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Disappointing that El Ghazi is out, for all of the frustration the other night he was a real bright spot for me and just looked to be in an upswing of confidence. The quality just isn't there with Trez but to be fair to him he can have a stinker and never stops going so still wouldn't be surprised to see him accidentally face plant a winner in.

Good team otherwise, like the changes in midfield. Can't really expect consistent selections in there when there's so many inconsistent performances.

Worried about Traore maybe or Neto? 

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

I have high hopes for Sanson. Probably too high but that's the way it's gonna be. 

Is he plays half as good as he looks he will be a worldbeater

• Like 1

I think it will be another game where the first goal proves decisive.  Not having Anwar reduces our chances of getting it really, hopefully Trez can bag one and for my sake not give away a shitload of needless free kicks.  Up the Villa!

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Tactically, Wolves are playing seven men deep and trying to draw us out - it'll be important that we find a way to break them down.

I think we might miss AEG for that - he's not perfect, but he's always trying to make things happen.

I think it will be a low scoring game 

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would guess that we're looking to try to keep the ball better, his passing was poor against Sheffield United. 

For me, Nakamba should never have played at SU.  We were always going to have a lot of the ball in that game, which does not suit him.

I think the team that started at SU was a better lineup for today, and todays lineup is better suited to SU.

Think we will struggle to control the game today, and as such going for 0-2 Wolves

Just now, jjaacckk91 said:

Can we take a second to appreciate how someone at the BBC got paid to make this.

5ccc9a42-def3-4f16-a16a-09fce7bf9f0e.png

Ahhh the classic 4-4-2, I miss teams that successes relied heavily on having a quality strike partnership. 

Trez will no doubt be on the left to double on Adama. Last time we played them at home, I swear it was the game everyone said Targett bottled it and went off early doors injured? 

Looking forward to Sanson starting. Should bring a bit of composure to our middle 3 which has been lacking for weeks. 

Hoping we sneak this by a goal, it's going to be tight. I don't fancy Elmo's chances up against Neto, so Konsa is going to be busy this evening.