Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Just now, Thug said:

Where’s el ghazi?

Not heard anything at all

Might just not of made the match day squad. It's competitive now and that's a good thing. Smith seems to of loaded up his bench with midfielders. Fortunate that Watkins can go left if Trezeguet has a mare and bring Davis on. It's a position we need to be looking at strengthening now and not be reactive if Grealish leaves. Cantwell be a great addition. Cheap too last summer. Not so much now.

Sanson starting at last! Really hope he plays well but if he doesn't and isn't in the starting lineup for the next game, well at least he'll have been given the chance that I think he deserved, given our poor recent form.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Adama Traore been back to that impressive looking but ultimately ineffective player whenever I've seen him recently. 

He'll play like the player being liked to top clubs again for a one off today guaranteed. 

"better than grealish" by 8pm tonight guarantee it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

I always like to see Trez on the right as I think he supports the fullback better that Traore or AEG.

Will Trez or Traore be on the left?

I'd have thought it'll be Trez on the left today.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What's the point in launching it long with no purpose?

Watkins isn't even a target man. Makes zero sense.

If we played Davis up front i could sort of understand it.

That's just silly. You are making out we have no ball in the games we are playing and just going long. You know that isn't true. We've out played lots of teams this season and played some great stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Might just not of made the match day squad. It's competitive now and that's a good thing. Smith seems to of loaded up his bench with midfielders. Fortunate that Watkins can go left if Trezeguet has a mare and bring Davis on. It's a position we need to be looking at strengthening now and not be reactive if Grealish leaves. Cantwell be a great addition. Cheap too last summer. Not so much now.

I doubt Dean is stupid enough to drop our biggest attacking threat unless injured

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Considering his form, I very much doubt he's been dropped from the squad because an uncapped teenager signed a new contract! 

The fact we haven't heard anything means it's probably an injury from training so hopefully nothing too bad 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He would have been 20-30 mil last summer. They weren't going to sell anyone for less than what maddison cost. 

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

I doubt Dean is stupid enough to drop our biggest attacking threat unless injured

Exactly. The only players who have been consistently good since grealish went out are el ghazi, martinez, Mings and konsa. We aren't going to drop the attacking player. 

Please don't let Wolves have a man sent off. 

source.gif

• Haha 1

Disappointing that El Ghazi is out, for all of the frustration the other night he was a real bright spot for me and just looked to be in an upswing of confidence. The quality just isn't there with Trez but to be fair to him he can have a stinker and never stops going so still wouldn't be surprised to see him accidentally face plant a winner in.

Good team otherwise, like the changes in midfield. Can't really expect consistent selections in there when there's so many inconsistent performances.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Will Trez or Traore be on the left?

I'd have thought it'll be Trez on the left today.

Hi OutByEaster, there are few nuances to this lineup we may not see till after the kickoff. Trez & Traore plus SJM & Sanson.