Pre match thread

Don_Simon

37 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I have consulted the XG-o-meter and it tells me today will be freezing cold, we will keep a clean sheet, and Traore will Traore.

Can't wait for him to volley it across our box to Targett in a bold switch.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I have consulted the XG-o-meter and it tells me today will be freezing cold, we will keep a clean sheet, and Traore will Traore.

I'm not impressed until you tell me if his wildly sliced defensive clearance lands lands at a Villa player or Brighton 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not impressed until you tell me if his wildly sliced defensive clearance lands lands at a Villa player or Brighton 

Neither. The ball will continue to rise until it leaves earth’s atmosphere, and goes to join the collection of Tonev’s shots that have formed a small cluster of stars on the edge of Jupiter.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

For someone so technically brilliant, he does this way too much. Almost intentional just to keep him excited. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think we'll have our way with these good and proper - 1-4. 

I think this as well, we are due a performance where the majority of our chances go in. Someone is due a shoing, why not these

• Like 1

I'd like to see a performance.

I don't think we've played that well since first half at Burnley. Picked up two wins in that time which shows how far we've come.

Watkins is so good at making something of nothing long balls we've got a bit lazy at times. Whoever is deep in midfield needs to go get on the ball.

Except you Marv, you don't worry about it.

Edited by Tomaszk

I think we are due a break out performance, not sure it will be today but I think our trajectory is upwards and we will start getting goals as a reward for our endeavour. Brighton are playing very well at the moment, if we are to get any result we will need to be at our absolute best away from home but I think that is where this team is now heading (after West Ham’s result, no more complacency). I think Grealish, Barkley, McGinn, Luiz, Traore, Trez, AEG and Watkins all have another gear yet and certainly when two or three have a purple patch together we can run through any wall and turn over anyone. I think we are due this event.

Just now, thunderball said:

I think we are due a break out performance, not sure it will be today but I think our trajectory is upwards and we will start getting goals as a reward for our endeavour. Brighton are playing very well at the moment, if we are to get any result we will need to be at our absolute best away from home but I think that is where this team is now heading (after West Ham’s result, no more complacency). I think Grealish, Barkley, McGinn, Luiz, Traore, Trez, AEG and Watkins all have another gear yet and certainly when two or three have a purple patch together (such as vs Liverpool) we can run through any wall and turn over anyone. I think we are due this event.

It's true of league matches, they only won one league at home in the whole of 2020, and have won just the one at home so far this year, meaning that their last three home wins in the league have come in the three different years mentioned.