Pre match thread

Don_Simon

9 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Regardless of the team selection...would have liked to have seen sanson for mcginn or barkley due to form.

I want to see us press and take the game to them rather than sit off like we have in the past few games.

I'm hoping the extra days off have given the rest and energy to do this 

From what Purslow said, it seems Sanson was signed in a view to next season. We pulled the trigger because we could get him at the right price. I think he'll get more minutes but I'm not sure we'll see loads of him this season.

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

IF we win we'd go up to 7th with games in hand on most around us and yet much of the build-up to this game has been laden with moaning about a good player being played. God help Villa if we manage to cement ourselves where competing at this end of the table becomes an widespread expectation because jeeeeeeeeez.😂

Its becoming a parody of itself. Utter madness. 

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

Not for me.

Yes he has talent and is capable of a moment of magic but his decision making is largely poor, surrenders possession to easily with risky flicks etc in our half and the complete lack of desire to track back.

I think how unbalanced we look down the middle off the ball at times doesn’t make up for the threat he offers the other way, particularly since he’s come back from injury. 

Obviously hope he plays a blinder today but think he’s quite lucky to still be starting.

The fact that he is 27 and we are still talking about potential says it all really.

Should be in his prime and perform every week but he is as inconsistent as El Ghazi

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

The fact that he is 27 and we are still talking about potential says it all really.

Should be in his prime and perform every week but he is as inconsistent as El Ghazi

I think the potent refers to him being able to go up and even higher level than most.